VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

Finally got back to a VW and loving my Tiguan SE R-Line. I have a weird question. The specs say it has front footwell lights. I assume this would be something that goes on at night. I don't see it and its not an option on touch screen and ironically dealer had no idea. Does anyone have one and know if it is a switch or possibly an error in spec?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I think you Are one of the first 2021 Tigs on here, congrats.
Check to see if they only come on when the door is opened, that would be different from ambient lighting that normally could be controlled in the dash.
With the overhead lights on you may not see them at first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you Are one of the first 2021 Tigs on here, congrats.
Check to see if they only come on when the door is opened, that would be different from ambient lighting that normally could be controlled in the dash.
With the overhead lights on you may not see them at first.
Thanks! I will give that a try, I am going to check it out tonight for sure,

·
Registered
635 Posts
My 2020 has the footwell lighting (front only) and yes, it's different from the controllable ambient lighting. It comes on when door opens and goes off a short time after door shuts. If your's doesn't do this, it wouldn't surprise me as VW de-contents new models of small stuff like this all the time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
On NAR 2020's, the light is above the gas peddle (right side), rearward about 3 inches, facing downward, right next to the center console housing. The other is in the passenger side, roughly the same place, also on the right side of the footwell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2020 has the footwell lighting (front only) and yes, it's different from the controllable ambient lighting. It comes on when door opens and goes off a short time after door shuts. If your's doesn't do this, it wouldn't surprise me as VW de-contents new models of small stuff like this all the time.
Thanks, Its weird, nothing shines down there BUT the two lights above center console light up dash and front area including footwell but it is not a light specific to the footwell, it just happens to cover a bit of the area when I open the door I will look for a light per another person comment on both sides. Maybe it just comes from ceiling now. ITs weird, because a few people I know with tiguans mentions their does

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Its weird, nothing shines down there BUT the two lights above center console light up dash and front area including footwell but it is not a light specific to the footwell, it just happens to cover a bit of the area when I open the door I will look for a light per another person comment on both sides. Maybe it just comes from ceiling now. ITs weird, because a few people I know with tiguans mentions their does
There is a bulb under driver side behind pedals as another user referenced. it does not light up. I will play with it tonight. Stupid problem but I will figure it out. its not hurting the enjoyment of the car

·
Registered
354 Posts
There's a configuration screen in the car settings that shows a picture of the vehicle interior. From there you can control the intensity of the floor lighting. My assumption is that if you don't have that screen, then the lighting isn't included in that model.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a configuration screen in the car settings that shows a picture of the vehicle interior. From there you can control the intensity of the floor lighting. My assumption is that if you don't have that screen, then the lighting isn't included in that model.
Found the bulb but let me check car settings and or maybe the bulb is loose, I am going to play around with it later and thanks!

·
Registered
2021 VW Tiguan, R-Line Black (former owner of a 2004 VW Tourareg V8 - 1st model year in the US)
34 Posts
I picked up my 2021 4motion SE R Line Black on 12/31. Where do I find the setting to do the following interior lighting:
-Turn on when I unlock the doors from outside
-Turn off when I turn on the car
-Turn on when I turn off the car
-Turn off when I lock the doors from outside

·
Registered
2021 VW Tiguan, R-Line Black (former owner of a 2004 VW Tourareg V8 - 1st model year in the US)
34 Posts
I answered my own question about automatic interior lights. I was not looking carefully enough for this button (circled in blue).

Also, about the footwell light. I seem to have spot where it would go but no light is in that hole. Does anyone with the SE actually have the light installed from the factory?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I answered my own question about automatic interior lights. I was not looking carefully enough for this button (circled in blue).

Also, about the footwell light. I seem to have spot where it would go but no light is in that hole. Does anyone with the SE actually have the light installed from the factory?
I just picked up my 21 SE I’ll check tomorrow.

EDIT: just checked, I have the spots for them but no lights and not adjustments for any interior lights in the car menu.
Always interesting where VW seems to cut costs on things. My car has blind spot mirrors but not interior footwell lights lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts