VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just FYI for MIB 2.5 with SD card there was a way to update maps for 2018 SEL-P Tiguan, I did it for free (cracked maps) although it took me 2.5days downloading new (2020) maps from the website.
2018 version was SUPER outdated and dumb, after the update all street were there with all proper addresses etc. so navigation actually become useful. That was for the whole NAR the maps were there
login guest
password guest
website is down a lot of times, and in general PITA to work with, but its worth it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just FYI for MIB 2.5 with SD card there was a way to update maps for 2018 SEL-P Tiguan, I did it for free (cracked maps) although it took me 2.5days downloading new (2020) maps from the website.
2018 version was SUPER outdated and dumb, after the update all street were there with all proper addresses etc. so navigation actually become useful. That was for the whole NAR the maps were there
login guest
password guest
website is down a lot of times, and in general PITA to work with, but its worth it!
Did all you have to do is unzip that folder and drag it to an address card?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did all you have to do is unzip that folder and drag it to an address card?
Sorry for loooong answer)

basically no, but because it is MIB3 Thread, update is quite different, you actually need to use sd/usb with udpates and let the car do it's magic over 30-40min period of time. and the only eayt o check it is theough the version of the maps after the infotaiment system reboot
In MIB 2.5 I just used sd card with maps and unzipped the archive a d replaced only certain files, it should all on the website I mentioned earlier.
I'm pretty sure it should be info there on the forum for MIB3 as well.

·
Registered
541 Posts
tried updating mine. From reading in here wasn’t clear if the tarball should be in the root or if you should expand it in the root. I did both so there is a tarball and then a bunch of folders. Just drove about 45 minutes and did nothing ntfs formatted. Which worked for you?
While trying to figure this out I ran across a document from Skoda for updating the MIB3 maps. It specifically says:
Paste the contents (not the entire folder) of the already unpacked file to a USB Flash Drive.
So now we have an answer! That explains why mine hasn't worked so far as well.

·
Registered
2019 Dark Violet Pearl DSG Spektrum Golf R
115 Posts
While trying to figure this out I ran across a document from Skoda for updating the MIB3 maps. It specifically says:

So now we have an answer! That explains why mine hasn't worked so far as well.
Yeah. I traded my 21 in for a 2019 golf r so updated those maps with a new sd card I bought from vw.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts