VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2022 GTI SE- really love the VIII and already having a blast on the road. I've wanted a GTI for years and thought it would be a good time to check the next box on my mid-life not-quite-crisis.

I understand the general complaints about the lack of physical controls in the cabin, but I'm generally a fan of the austere styling. I played with the infotainment system for 1/2 an hour and mostly have the hang of it.

However: I've found that the SiriusXM system is rather wonky. I can navigate the menus, but I get the station ID/logo maybe 1/4 of the time, and the rest of the time I get a "Please Wait" message with a spinning wheel. The audio feed comes through, but all the data - which allows me to see which channel I'm on - won't update. My account is in good order and I've tried refreshing the signal to no avail, so it appears to be a system issue.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions for a fix? Is there an update available? (I got the vehicle literally right off the truck, so the dealership may not have had time to check this.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just picked up a 2022 GTI SE- really love the VIII and already having a blast on the road. I've wanted a GTI for years and thought it would be a good time to check the next box on my mid-life not-quite-crisis.

I understand the general complaints about the lack of physical controls in the cabin, but I'm generally a fan of the austere styling. I played with the infotainment system for 1/2 an hour and mostly have the hang of it.

However: I've found that the SiriusXM system is rather wonky. I can navigate the menus, but I get the station ID/logo maybe 1/4 of the time, and the rest of the time I get a "Please Wait" message with a spinning wheel. The audio feed comes through, but all the data - which allows me to see which channel I'm on - won't update. My account is in good order and I've tried refreshing the signal to no avail, so it appears to be a system issue.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions for a fix? Is there an update available? (I got the vehicle literally right off the truck, so the dealership may not have had time to check this.)
Same SiriusXM issues here with my 2022 GTI Autobahn with 170 miles on the odometer

·
Registered
450 Posts
I listen a lot to Sirius in my 2022 SE and I've no problems with my favorite stations on my unit. All I do is that I have them saved in my Last Listened to section, I go there and there they are!
The only issue I see with Sirius and it's not with this car, is the same issue I also had with my MK 6 GLi in that the audio quality from Sirius sucks. even with the Fender system I had in it.

·
Registered
22 GTI Autobahn Pomelo Yellow
284 Posts
I listen to Sirius all the time in my Autobahn, never have had any issues. Not sure why some are and some are not. I think at this point production dates will play into this, but IDK.

·
Premium Member
2022 Atlantic Blue GTI SE 6mt
47 Posts
I got my SE 2 weeks ago ( a few days after they got it from port) and fortunately do not have these issues. I hope they get these issues worked out for those of you who do though

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm having the same issue a lot of you are having. FM works fine. When I switch to SIRIUS I get their logo and a spinning circle saying "please wait". I don't get any of the logos and I can't save anything. It's been flashed several times to no avail. Anyone know if an update?

·
Registered
2022 MK VIII Golf GTI SE
3 Posts
Just got a 2022 SE 4 days ago and have this issue. I have someone from SiriusXM calling me tomorrow from their service department to try and help with the issue, the person I talked to today couldn’t get it fixed. With everything else working flawlessly it seems like it’s on SiriusXM’s end. I’ve been a subscriber for many years and since three months came for free with the car they are giving me that, wondering if the “free trial” is somehow messing with my account. I’ll let everyone know what they say.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a 2020 Wrangler that had weird issues with my radio specifically around SiriusXM and Apple CarPlay. I am not saying this is the same, but what fixed mine and others in the community was to make sure all the fuses are fully seated. On the Wrangler it seemed like many of the fuses were not seated fully.
We sign papers on a 2022 GTI S tomorrow. It’s in transit and we should see the car in a couple weeks. The fuses will be the first thing I check just because of the what I saw with the Wrangler.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue in my 2022 SE with the Harman Kardon sound system. I dropped it off this week at VW dealer service. They confirmed the issue and did some troubleshooting and diagnostics. They could not resolve it. They contacted VW Tech Line (Case # RC-929289). VW Tech Line said they are aware of the issue and that the issue is under investigation by engineering. They expect a software update to resolve it. No timeline given on when that will be released.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went to my dealer yesterday. No known fix for the SiriusXM issue yet. I was told that I should cancel my Sirius subscription and just use Spotify on CarPlay ......which I am already doing and it works fine. I believe the issue is SiriusXM and not the car.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts