VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would tend to believe it has to be a VW issue. Sirius satellites send down data, which is received and processed by the radio software. If every other radio except these newly released VWs (remember even though the MK8 was released 2 years ago in Europe, they don't have Sirius so that part of the software is North America specific), then how would it be a Sirius issue? The data is a one way stream down from a satellite. I don't know it to be a fact, but from what I heard, VW is aware of the issue and working on a software fix but it's not yet completed and available. Sadly, from my experience, a lot of software developers don't really bother to understand exactly what they're tasked with creating and testing is far from comprehensive, so this sort of thing happens way more often than it should.
Makes sense!

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
To see the versions, I believe the steps below are correct (from memory).

On the first home screen with all the tiles, scroll down to get to Settings and from there select System Information (toward the bottom). That should bring up a screen the includes your software version.
Thanks Bill, Does anyone know what update number the car should be updated to?

·
Registered
32 Posts
So I was having the same problems too.
It was not holding in memory every time I would start the car it would go back to preview channels driving me crazy. I brought it into my dealer and they have to replace the modules in the car which will take about a month and a half or more to get. The part number on the work order is 5H0-035-877

·
Registered
61 Posts
So I was having the same problems too.
It was not holding in memory every time I would start the car it would go back to preview channels driving me crazy. I brought it into my dealer and they have to replace the modules in the car which will take about a month and a half or more to get. The part number on the work order is 5H0-035-877

THAT'S GOOD NEWS! Did your dealer say that VW knows there's a problem or is he treating this like an individual issue?

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is hard to say it was first time at the dealer and I asked him to look at it they didn't mention that it was an ongoing problem, but they offered to replace it. Unfortunately they do not have anything in stock and it's going to take over a month and a half or so to get

·
Registered
61 Posts
1. My iPhone bluetooth shows the VW as being disconnected, its not.

2. Both screens keep blacking out at different times or showing totally different views then what I selected.

3. The UI absolutely SUCKS.

4. SiriusXM always says "Please Wait", never shows the current or correct song playing, and I cannot store favorites.

5. Laggy, very very laggy. And yes I have reset it.

Such a shame that a great little car is ruined by a disaster of an infotainment system.

·
Registered
61 Posts
1. My iPhone bluetooth shows the VW as being disconnected, its not.

2. Both screens keep blacking out at different times or showing totally different views then what I selected.

3. The UI absolutely SUCKS.

4. SiriusXM always says "Please Wait", never shows the current or correct song playing, and I cannot store favorites.

5. Laggy, very very laggy. And yes I have reset it.

Such a shame that a great little car is ruined by a disaster of an infotainment system.

Talked to a friend of mine regarding the infotainment system. He's the service mgr at VW dealer near me. He came over and witnessed my issues with SIRIUS. He contacted VW and they told him that they're aware of the problem and are working on a flash that will hopefully remedy our issues. (Don't hold your breath!)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Talked to a friend of mine regarding the infotainment system. He's the service mgr at VW dealer near me. He came over and witnessed my issues with SIRIUS. He contacted VW and they told him that they're aware of the problem and are working on a flash that will hopefully remedy our issues. (Don't hold your breath!)
Between here and FB this I why I don’t make an appointment to have it checked out. Maybe when I have to do other service sure but I’m not wasting my time for nothing basically. I figure I’ll at least wait for the software update supposedly coming in the fall first too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Between here and FB this I why I don’t make an appointment to have it checked out. Maybe when I have to do other service sure but I’m not wasting my time for nothing basically. I figure I’ll at least wait for the software update supposedly coming in the fall first too.

Car-play works just fine until then...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just picked up a 2022 GTI SE- really love the VIII and already having a blast on the road. I've wanted a GTI for years and thought it would be a good time to check the next box on my mid-life not-quite-crisis.

I understand the general complaints about the lack of physical controls in the cabin, but I'm generally a fan of the austere styling. I played with the infotainment system for 1/2 an hour and mostly have the hang of it.

However: I've found that the SiriusXM system is rather wonky. I can navigate the menus, but I get the station ID/logo maybe 1/4 of the time, and the rest of the time I get a "Please Wait" message with a spinning wheel. The audio feed comes through, but all the data - which allows me to see which channel I'm on - won't update. My account is in good order and I've tried refreshing the signal to no avail, so it appears to be a system issue.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions for a fix? Is there an update available? (I got the vehicle literally right off the truck, so the dealership may not have had time to check this.)
I just picked up a 2022 GTI SE- really love the VIII and already having a blast on the road. I've wanted a GTI for years and thought it would be a good time to check the next box on my mid-life not-quite-crisis.

I understand the general complaints about the lack of physical controls in the cabin, but I'm generally a fan of the austere styling. I played with the infotainment system for 1/2 an hour and mostly have the hang of it.

However: I've found that the SiriusXM system is rather wonky. I can navigate the menus, but I get the station ID/logo maybe 1/4 of the time, and the rest of the time I get a "Please Wait" message with a spinning wheel. The audio feed comes through, but all the data - which allows me to see which channel I'm on - won't update. My account is in good order and I've tried refreshing the signal to no avail, so it appears to be a system issue.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any suggestions for a fix? Is there an update available? (I got the vehicle literally right off the truck, so the dealership may not have had time to check this.)
i had the same issue. Dealer did a hard reset (not just holding down power for 10 seconds) and then replaced the 5F module. Supposedly fixed it. Same issue everyone else had from very start (7mi). I’ll know for sure tomorrow when I pick it up. Will update everyone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The dealership just gave me a call after they replaced the module and unfortunately it did not fix the problem. They contacted Volkswagen support and they say it is a known issue in the Gulf GTI / R. The dealership told me "At this time there is no fix for this problem." So we just got to wait and see when they come up with a software update I guess.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The dealership just gave me a call after they replaced the module and unfortunately it did not fix the problem. They contacted Volkswagen support and they say it is a known issue in the Gulf GTI / R. The dealership told me "At this time there is no fix for this problem." So we just got to wait and see when they come up with a software update I guess.
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Didn’t they just fire the CEO because he couldn’t fix software issues?
Yes, yes, I’m being somewhat sarcastic since it had more to do with the launch delays of multiple cars, but part of me thinks that fixing Sirius is low as hell on their list of things to do if they’re in dire straits over software. Should have spent the money hiring Silicon Valley folks as opposed to German car guys in trying to design software.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just picked up the car today from service. I had a chance to talk to the Head technician who was working on the radio. He told me he spent the day and a half trying to get everything to work and it would work for a little while and then he would lose all settings. He got on the phone with corporate and they said they appreciate him verifying the problem! And check back once a week to see if they have the update.
After all that resetting and replacing the module I lost the features of each mode. Comfort used to be green race used to be blue and so on and I'm not sure but I have to go check again if the dash is staying on The View I said it to. I probably just need to learn how to reprogram everything.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts