VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the difference the car rags are mentioning the 2022 Jetta gli exhaust has? Besides bigger tippers. More than one has mentioned that it’s more aggressive, not that I trust the magazines not to be fooled by the soundaktor. But anyone know if the catback is actually different than this???

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So apparently it was indeed redesigned for 2022 and there is no more soundaktor. It does sound different, more aggressive on videos taken from the outside. I am not sure what the difference is but I would reckon it is in the mufflers.
Oh, missed the deleting of the soundaktor. Wonder why? Did they remove it from the new gti and R also? I suppose vdub would call it “de-contenting.” Seems like they’re doing allot of that lately.

Well anyway, if anyone has/comes across any info they find on the 2022 catback exhaust, I’d be curious to see exactly what it looks like, if they removed the rear mufflers, or the center one, maybe used the smaller center muffler off the R. Really just curious what they did.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Not certain what has changed other than VW has said that the 22 has been re-designed for ‘real sound‘ and no longer uses the Soundaktor. I suspect changes in either the size of the resonator, mufflers or both.

Reactions: Knowname
1 - 4 of 4 Posts