VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
673 Posts
Speaking of poor dealer prep, has anyone had car-net issues? My green light isn’t on and now have to take it back to service dept to get it activated.
Where did you notice that the green light was not on?
When I park mine in my garage, no green light.
I've been totally buffaloed....
This is not wifi or bluetooth, this is 4g...

·
Registered
11 Posts
The green light is between the 3 car-net buttons above the rear view mirror/sunglass cubby. According to Car-net customer service if the green light isn’t on, then it hasn’t been activated. When I go to add the car-net app it recognizes VIN, but gives error code that car isn’t equipped with car-net. In my ‘17 Goof the green light has been illuminated since day I bought car, and the app recognizes car. Dealer said I’m the 4th customer this week that car-net wasn’t active and I have to bring in for service appointment. Less then 150 miles driven and already a trip back to dealer.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
673 Posts
Hmmm.
When I talked the car net people (they knew mine was activated, because it had worked previously) they said my GREEN light wasn't illuminated because I wasn't "receiving" service.
Apparently being in a garage (or in a tunnel, in a parking garage, etc.) can cause a lack of service. WTF?
I took my vehicle to the dealer and they "reset" the system (by unplugging and re-plugging the fuse).
The general consensus around here is that the whole system is garbage/worthless.

I "think" they've made some changes in the past month or so, as I often couldn't "connect" to my vehicle, and sometimes when I did, it would tell me my current mileage was -1?????
I haven't seen that in a while (but now that I've said that, it will start again 🤷‍♂️ .

Unless they make major improvements to the system, anything beyond the basic (free) service, is out of the question for me...

Just my .02

Bob.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Beautiful vehicle!
I fell in love with Atlantic Blue the first time I saw it.
Congrats :)

I hesitated to post this, because I knew you wanted the best, but I opted for this:

After picking up two nasty rock chips on my first long highway drive, I knew I needed something.
(be forewarned, the primer under the Blue is either white or light grey and BEAMS through if something breaks the paint).
I spent 4+ days with www.touchupdirect products.
I am fairly knowledgeable in this area, and I got the spots "near" perfect, but I don't want to fix anymore.
(The very front of the hood doesn't have enough angle to it, so it takes near direct hits...)
I considered this:

But really didn't want it on the vehicle ALL the time.

Neither are the ultimate options, and for me, who doesn't make many long trips, the bra (which I modified for optimal attachment...tightness) was the best option.
I can install it and/or take it off in just a few minutes with zero stress.

There are other similar choices for the permanent plastic version, at twice the cost (or better).

Your choice....

Bob.

Well, some sad news. The hood deflector from OMAC does NOT fit a 2022. Bummer. Trying to return that, now. But, the GOOD news is those mudflaps? MONEY! The fit is incredible and they were very easy to put on!!

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
673 Posts
Hrmm.
Wonder what is different about a 22 hood? 🤔

I love my mudflaps, and I'm not a big mudflap kinda guy!

My latest mods (completed yesterday):

Painted this High Temp Crinkle Black...

Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Camera lens Automotive super charger part

Bob.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
673 Posts
Dunno.
Just finished it mid day yesterday and then watched feetball.

I'll let you know when I drive it next (but I don't expect much)....

Bob.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
673 Posts
Love the "R".
I did the same to my infotainment screen.
TBH, even though it was touted at "fingerprintless", it's just as bad as the stock screen.
I'm having thoughts about ripping it off....

Bob.

·
Premium Member
22 | VW | Tiguan SEL R-Line | Oryx White
306 Posts
Love the "R".
I did the same to my infotainment screen.
TBH, even though it was touted at "fingerprintless", it's just as bad as the stock screen.
I'm having thoughts about ripping it off....

Bob.
I ripped mine off. The glass screen protectors are a joke.

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SEL R-line
53 Posts
Added a screen protector to the NAV area and then “upbadged” the back. Am sure someone will flame me for it. Haha. I care not. Looks sharp to me.
You're right! lol there will be some people who will flame you for adding an "R" badge instead of an "R-line" badge to your Tiguan but don't mind them, it's your car. lol But as an FYI, here are the new R & R-line logos. The R-line has an outline while the R is solid. I like your red R though, it really stands out. Congrats on the new Tiguan!!
Font Gesture Parallel Rectangle Logo

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
You're right! lol there will be some people who will flame you for adding an "R" badge instead of an "R-line" badge to your Tiguan but don't mind them, it's your car. lol But as an FYI, here are the new R & R-line logos. The R-line has an outline while the R is solid. I like your red R though, it really stands out. Congrats on the new Tiguan!!
View attachment 145414
Yup. With you 200%. When the aftermarket supports those, it may well be replaced! :) I'm working with Badgeskins, now, to get the overlay for the R on the sides and in the front. :)

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SEL R-line
53 Posts
Yup. With you 200%. When the aftermarket supports those, it may well be replaced! :) I'm working with Badgeskins, now, to get the overlay for the R on the sides and in the front. :)
Nice! Can't wait. Hoping they come out with badgeskins for the VW emblems as well since the new ones are smaller than the pre-facelifts.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just put the H&R springs on. 18” Moda RD27 rims shod with 245/50/18 Blizzak WS 90’s. Also! The obligatory up-badging with the “R” on the back!🤘💪🤣

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
673 Posts
21 - 40 of 46 Posts