VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its a hardware product that does nothing to the tiguans ECU, took about 1 minute to install. Unplug the throttle connector on top of the gas pedal and plug the connector to the device and the output from the device to the throttle connector that was unplugged. It is just intercepting the voltage coming from the pedal and adjusting it to various different Throttle Map curves based on your preference. Stock, Stages 1,2, and 3. and you can fine tune the response up and down in each stage. Its maps are just better imo than the single map that is stock from the VW ecu.

Hello can this also be added to a tuning like apr or unitronic to get more response off the line?

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
I found that vehicle "Sport mode" helped somewhat and transmission in Sport mode helped even more.

Full disclosure - I traded my 2022 SEL R-Line for a 2022 GTI due to the lack of acceleration on the Tiguan, running premium fuel, everything in Sport mode I got it down to about 8 second 0-60.

I feel the Harmon Kardon sound system in the GTI a serious disappointment, takes away from my driving pleasure. At this point in time, I regret the trade.

I'd rather have a slow vehicle with a great sound system (Fender) than a fast car with a lousy sound system.
The HK system in my Arteon is without a doubt better than the Fender in the Tiguan. Not saying the Tiguan is bad, it's not, but it's not as good as the HK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello can this also be added to a tuning like apr or unitronic to get more response off the line?
I am sure you could, but I think software tunes are basically doing this same thing and more by recoding parameters directly in the ECU without the need for external devices that change the voltage signals on the fly. I am still under warranty so prefer things that are easy to remove if I need warranty work performed.

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SEL R Line
1 Posts
Picked up my Atlantic blue 2022 Tiguan SEL R-line 4Motion two weeks ago and love it. My one issue is the throttle lag from a full stop. The car will sometimes even lurch a bit during initial acceleration. I have had turbos in the past but this is different. It is less obvious in Sport mode. Are others experiencing the same thing?
I’m experiencing the same when it’s cold (1000 miles on it already). I was just driving away from the VW dealership, they say there is nothing wrong with my 2022 Tiguan SEL R-line. It’s Not practical if you keep the car in the garage, but letting the engine run for a minute is preventing the issue for me. I also have a recurring issue with wireless apple car play display and controls lagging 😂 . Outside of these two, it’s a great car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agree, it's a great car. No problems other than the cold buck and lurch. Fortunately, I live in Florida so it's a 30 sec. or so warmup and the problem goes away. That being said, you'd think that VW would have a better solution.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, Noob here looking to purchase a 2022 Tiguan and joined the forums to read up on ownership experience so far. With that being said is the issue with the throttle lag only when the engine/trans are cold? I'm in MD and always do at least a 1-minute warm-up on my vehicles, sounds like that may address the issue assuming mine has that when I pick it up next month hopefully.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Noob here looking to purchase a 2022 Tiguan and joined the forums to read up on ownership experience so far. With that being said is the issue with the throttle lag only when the engine/trans are cold? I'm in MD and always do at least a 1-minute warm-up on my vehicles, sounds like that may address the issue assuming mine has that when I pick it up next month hopefully.
My '22 sel r line 4 motion is a great vehicle. My problem is only at a cold start in the morning. No other problems of any kind other than that.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think most cars are "delicate" just after cold start. Mine is easy to stumble, lack of power and such. Never thought of it as a problem, just a by-product of a cold engine.

Reactions: Ch3rp

·
Premium Member
22 | VW | Tiguan SEL R-Line | Oryx White
306 Posts
Just saying... APR tune (in the near future)... just slam your foot through the floor like a mad man... usually works for me, car warms up real quick lol

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SEL R-Line
171 Posts
Just saying... APR tune (in the near future)... just slam your foot through the floor like a mad man... usually works for me, car warms up real quick lol
This brings a good question of engine wear. Does driving aggressively after say letting it warm for a few minutes bad for the engine ? How critical to longer engine life is waiting for the water temp (gauge) to come up to the normal operating temp) I usually drive pretty normal once I’m leaving but I do let it come up to temp before really taking off from any light.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
This brings a good question of engine wear. Does driving aggressively after say letting it warm for a few minutes bad for the engine ? How critical to longer engine life is waiting for the water temp (gauge) to come up to the normal operating temp) I usually drive pretty normal once I’m leaving but I do let it come up to temp before really taking off from any light.
Remote start is actually one of the worst things for you car in that regard. From everything I've read, it's best to hop in the car and drive at low RPMs straight away. This is supposed to heat the engine faster than idling. Avoid giving it the beans until it's up to temp. Keep it at low RPMs (below 3K) until you're at op temp.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts