VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
Japanese Vacuum Cleaner
5,659 Posts
The SE sounds damn well-equipped, however it's curious it will have remote start when that's not available on the Q3 or some of the other newest Audis at all.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The Tiguan is available with remote start on the SEL, I don't see why this would be different.

·
Registered
B8 S4, E30 vert, E36 coupé
1,455 Posts
^ people buy lettuce. you can either make money by growing some lettuce and selling it alongside the others, or make no money at all by refusing to participate.

remember, Taos is cheap transport for developing nations. not all of us can afford organic kale.... errr, Audi SQ3.

·
8,041 Posts
I'm intrigued to see how this one drives, TBH. The 1.4T is an underrated and underappreciated engine. Our 2017 MK6 Jetta has one, and with a manual transmission it is a fun drive. It runs out of steam in the upper rev range, but it has plenty of seat-of-the-pants scoot around town and on an onramp. The 1.5T in the NA Taos might make for a fun and bubbly little trucklet.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I'm intrigued to see how this one drives, TBH. The 1.4T is an underrated and underappreciated engine. Our 2017 MK6 Jetta has one, and with a manual transmission it is a fun drive. It runs out of steam in the upper rev range, but it has plenty of seat-of-the-pants scoot around town and on an onramp. The 1.5T in the NA Taos might make for a fun and bubbly little trucklet.
And if you get 4Motion you also get the 7 speed DSG, so at least that version should make for a more interesting entry in this segment.

·
Registered
18,029 Posts
Oh look yet another crossover in a sea of bland crossovers. Who gives a carp?
It's like going to the supermarket and looking at heads of lettuce. LOL
Is your issue with the blandness or is it with crossovers in general? If it’s with crossovers, what vehicle type or class is the Taos “blocking” in VW’s line up? VW’s core “classic” line up (Passat, Jetta, Golf/GTI) is still available to you, along with the Arteon, Atlas, Tiguan, and Taos. You still holding out hope for the Polo or Scirocco?

·
Registered
Japanese Vacuum Cleaner
5,659 Posts
This will have a new 1.5T with a variable-geometry turbo, I'm glad VW realized it may need a bit more oomph than what the Jetta's engine can provide. Really hoping it's a nice drive with the DSG/4Motion combo.

Reactions: silverspeedbuggy

·
8,041 Posts
This will have a new 1.5T with a variable-geometry turbo, I'm glad VW realized it may need a bit more oomph than what the Jetta's engine can provide. Really hoping it's a nice drive with the DSG/4Motion combo.
I also think the Taos would be quite compelling if they did a full-on R.

·
Registered
Japanese Vacuum Cleaner
5,659 Posts
Hell I'd be extremely impressed with just a GTI version. Not going to happen since the Golf GTI will live for at least one more generation, but I really wonder if a CUV with the GTI treatment will ever happen.

·
8,041 Posts
Hell I'd be extremely impressed with just a GTI version. Not going to happen since the Golf GTI will live for at least one more generation, but I really wonder if a CUV with the GTI treatment will ever happen.
I've said for years that VW should leverage the GTI badge more: it might be their most iconic model name - car guys who aren't VW guys know what a GTI is. If there's a performance model of a VW car, it should be the [insert name] GTI. Tack a dash-R onto it for R models.

Golf, Golf GTI, Golf GTI-R
Jetta, Jetta GTI (yeah, GLI goes away), Jetta GTI-R (c'mon VW, it's your most popular car - R it!)
Taos, Taos GTI, Taos GTI-R

And before all the GTI purists get their knickers in a bunch, remember there's a Polo GTI and an up! GTI in Europe.

·
Registered
18,029 Posts
I've said for years that VW should leverage the GTI badge more: it might be their most iconic model name - car guys who aren't VW guys know what a GTI is. If there's a performance model of a VW car, it should be the [insert name] GTI. Tack a dash-R onto it for R models.

Jetta, Jetta GTI (yeah, GLI goes away), Jetta GTI-R (c'mon VW, it's your most popular car - R it!)

And before all the GTI purists get their knickers in a bunch, remember there's a Polo GTI and an up! GTI in Europe.
VW puts R badges on everything these days, so it wouldn’t be too difficult to imagine “GTI All The Things”

·
Registered
702 Posts
My 1st Gen Tiguan has the 2.0T (200 hp) engine. Imagine the Taos with that engine, maybe with another 20 or 30 horsepower. 🙂

🍺

·
Registered
S2000
7,370 Posts
VW is honestly a fool not to try a GTI Taos and/or Tig.

Hyundai is doing N and N Line Kona + Tuscon. Bet there's plenty of enthusiasts forced into a CUV for practicality reasons who would gladly pay extra for some fun.

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,100 Posts

"GTI-R" seriously?

Also, the Polo and up! are GTIs because they are hatchbacks like the Golf.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I think Taos could see a full blown R version, Tiguan gets nothing different here (since the ID.4 is nearly a Tiguan EV and will offer a 300 hp version), VW keeps selling high margin R-line appearance packages on everything, and no additional GTI models beyond the Golf.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts