·
Registered
Japanese Vacuum Cleaner
5,711 Posts

·
Registered
25,368 Posts
"GTI-R" seriously?

Also, the Polo and up! are GTIs because they are hatchbacks like the Golf.
So is Taos... looks like a hatchback to me 😂

VW is already selling T-Roc R or Tiguan R so you are not going to convince people that GTI version (which is a step down from R) of those vehicles are not going to work. VW will be shooting fish in the barrel if they came out with Taos GTI or Tiguan GTI and you know it. Just like Honda will be raking in crazy money if they ever bother to do a CR-V Si.

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
36,528 Posts
So rugged.

·
Registered
223 Posts
VW is honestly a fool not to try a GTI Taos and/or Tig.

Hyundai is doing N and N Line Kona + Tuscon. Bet there's plenty of enthusiasts forced into a CUV for practicality reasons who would gladly pay extra for some fun.
VW of Mexico already produces the Tiguan with the 220hp and 7sp DSG for Brazil and other south american countrys. They just need to send them to the US.

·
Registered
Japanese Vacuum Cleaner
5,711 Posts
VW of Mexico already produces the Tiguan with the 220hp and 7sp DSG for Brazil and other south american countrys. They just need to send them to the US.
Yeah, I can't understand for the life of me why we can't have the R-Line 350 TSI, even if it's not fully dressed up in GTI trim.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
So is Taos... looks like a hatchback to me 😂

VW is already selling T-Roc R or Tiguan R so you are not going to convince people that GTI version (which is a step down from R) of those vehicles are not going to work. VW will be shooting fish in the barrel if they came out with Taos GTI or Tiguan GTI and you know it. Just like Honda will be raking in crazy money if they ever bother to do a CR-V Si.

That red T-rocker looks great...

·
Registered
Tippy Austrian and Practical Czech
1,069 Posts
So VW has:
Touareg
Tiguan (little one)
Tiguan Allspace (big one)
T-Roc
T-Cross
edit: and the Atlas

And now the Taos?

Can't they streamline their worldwide offerings at some point?

·
Registered
649 Posts
So VW has:
Touareg
Tiguan (little one)
Tiguan Allspace (big one)
T-Roc
T-Cross
edit: and the Atlas

And now the Taos?

By my count it was T-cross, T-Roc, Taos, Tiguan, Tiguan X coupe, Atlas, Atlas Cross Sport, Touareg, Tayron, and Tayron X.

·
Registered
Japanese Vacuum Cleaner
5,711 Posts
Markets are very different, not everyone wants or expects the same things out of their cars, things have to be built to preferred price points, and lots of other specs and factors.

For what it's worth, the Taos is one of VW's more international small crossovers - it'll be offered (under different names) in much of Asia, Latin America, the US, and other spots.

Reactions: John Y

·
Registered
649 Posts
Markets are very different, not everyone wants or expects the same things out of their cars, things have to be built to preferred price points, and lots of other specs and factors.

For what it's worth, the Taos is one of VW's more international small crossovers - it'll be offered (under different names) in much of Asia, Latin America, the US, and other spots.
Except they all look pretty much the same and similar size and price.

·
Registered
764 Posts
By my count it was T-cross, T-Roc, Taos, Tiguan, Tiguan X coupe, Atlas, Atlas Cross Sport, Touareg, Tayron, and Tayron X.
And also remember Teramont and Cross Sport (Atlas and Atlas Cross Sport outside of US and Canada).

🍺

·
Registered
Tippy Austrian and Practical Czech
1,069 Posts
Except they all look pretty much the same and similar size and price.
Yep. Very much a case of choosing your sausage length except there's a bunch of overlap.

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
all of these kind of vehicles are so terribly boring
Unfortunately, Corrados, Sciroccos, and Karman Ghias aren’t and haven’t been traditionally big sellers. Even sporting sedans like the Arteon or CC haven’t really captured the imagination of the public (in the US anyway). As car enthusiasts, I suppose we focus too much attention on “exciting” vehicles, but it’s the “boring” sedans, wagons, MPVs, vans, and CUVs that have mass appeal and pay the bills.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Count me in as still mad about how drastically better looking the SWB Tiguan is compared to the LWB turd we got.

·
Registered
25,368 Posts
You missed a few

SAIC VWFAW VWOther markets
T-CrossTacquaTaigun (India) / T-Cross
n/an/aNivus (S.America) / Taigo (Europe)
TharuT-RocTaos (Americas) / T-Roc (Europe)
TiguanTayronTiguan
Tiguan Ln/aTiguan Allspace
Tiguan XTayron Xn/a
Teramont Xn/aAtlas Cross Sport
TeramontTalagonAtlas
n/an/aTouareg
ID.4XID.4 CrozzID.4
ID.6XID.6 CrozzID.6

101 - 120 of 139 Posts