·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150
4,807 Posts
I like the tailgate cubby. A lot.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
C&D article refers to the AT4X as the equivalent of the ZR2. Looking at the pictures, it seems:

AT4 = ZR2
AT4X = ZR2 Baja

The AT4 looks more aggressive than the Trail Boss. Is there no direct comparison??

·
Registered
20,196 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Car prices make no sense anymore. Nothing makes sense anymore. Growing up, Ferrari prices were aspirational. Now domestic mid-size truck prices are aspirational.

Regardless, this looks really nice. As does the Colorado. I aspire to one day consider purchasing one.

Also, as an aside, if GM would extend this into a 5-door wagon-type body, on this platform, and really take it to the 4Runner, I'd be extremely interested.

·
Registered
23,341 Posts
So with destination and a mere $5000 ADM, you're looking at $70,000 for a midsize American pickup with a 4-cylinder engine. I would never have guessed two years ago this is where we'd end up.

With the exclusive CCSB format, IMO, these are lifestyle/fun trucks, like buying Patagonia at REI. I'm sure there will be 4x4 W/T and/or 1LS trims with prices that start with a 3. But I can see the appeal of this, getting something you can take off-road with a warranty that's turn-key instead of having to order a bunch of stuff, pay for it to get installed, constantly tweak it to get it right, voiding some of the warranty, etc etc etc.

If you leave off a lot of the lux stuff, regular trucks are still pretty attainable in the grand scheme of things. This has the 7.3, 4x4, rear locker, a winch, power package, FX4 for $54k - obviously not as nimble as this Colorado but that is a lot of power and capability.

The 2020 ZR2 wasn't cheap, either:
Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Number

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
8,896 Posts
With the exclusive CCSB format, IMO, these are lifestyle/fun trucks, like buying Patagonia at REI. I'm sure there will be 4x4 W/T and/or 1LS trims with prices that start with a 3. But I can see the appeal of this, getting something you can take off-road with a warranty that's turn-key instead of having to order a bunch of stuff, pay for it to get installed, constantly tweak it to get it right, voiding some of the warranty, etc etc etc.

If you leave off a lot of the lux stuff, regular trucks are still pretty attainable in the grand scheme of things. This has the 7.3, 4x4, rear locker, a winch, power package, FX4 for $54k - obviously not as nimble as this Colorado but that is a lot of power and capability.

The 2020 ZR2 wasn't cheap, either:
View attachment 210732
I think GMC is trying to make itself the premium version and maybe actually make a mildly different product. The Colorado gets W/T trims and per Car and Driver they're estimating they start at $28k

1 - 20 of 38 Posts