VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23,315 Posts
The REI/Patagonia demographic does not have much overlap with the Chevy truck demographic. Cabela's/Bass Pro tends to attract the pickup crowd.
I dunno, I saw a bunch of Colorados in ...Colarado. I just meant that this particular trim is more of the fun/toy category than the work truck category, which is still pretty reasonably priced, all things considered.

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
A sign of the current times, but my extremely well optioned 17 Raptor was 68 when I bought it new. Crazy.

The truck does look pretty good other than the ridiculous brush guard.

·
Registered
20,168 Posts
Yea, the interior of the Tacoma is utterly uninhabitable…. :sly:
The seating position is terrible. I don't know anyone who owns one that wishes they hadn't gone for more than a 10-minute test drive.

·
Registered
23,315 Posts
^ Mine is comfortable after I added Seat Jackers. I knew about the traditional Toyota high floor/low seat situation going into it and initially my knees did hurt after about 3-4 hours due to the lack of thigh support and the flat/short bottom seat cushion (knees were unsupported and you had to sit kind of with your legs splayed out). But the Seat Jackers raised the front of the seat by about an inch and a half so now there is plenty of thigh support for me (5' 10", 30" inseam). I do wish the steering wheel telescoped out a little more since I need to have the seat one notch closer than I like... still can't do 2&10 or 3&9 for long periods of time.

All that said, the rockers on my base model are about 2" above my knee so I can put up with having to mod the seat for $99 since that is a lot cheaper than having to immediately mod the suspension for more ground clearance. I didn't scrape anything aside from the front airdam when we were in Colorado last week on some moderate trails.

It's all a compromise - but my dream would be some BMW or Subaru seats with extendable thigh supporters.

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
13,862 Posts
Are those seat jackers crash safe? I don't know if I could trust seat mounting modification.

·
Registered
20,168 Posts
Are those seat jackers crash safe? I don't know if I could trust seat mounting modification.
Interesting question. At $99, I doubt the did crash tests on it. I am also curious about the angle on the rear mounts and if anything is modified to accommodate that.

·
Registered
23,315 Posts
I don't know, but they are VERY popular and lots of people have wrecked their trucks but I have never heard anything about the blocks failing or seats being compromised. There are some fake ones out there, but these are made in the US and use high strength mounting hardware.

It doesn't feel flimsy at all. It has the pin that aligns it to the factory alignment hole. You bolt it to the floor, then drop the seat into it (it has a hole for the seat's alignment pin) then you bolt the seat to it. It is designed to account for the slightly different angle and supports the entire mounting surface.

·
Registered
43,745 Posts
The REI/Patagonia demographic does not have much overlap with the Chevy truck demographic. Cabela's/Bass Pro tends to attract the pickup crowd.
strongly disagree.

regionally anyway. these midsize trucks are the rooftop tent, mtn bike, snowboard shuttle, etc of choice around here (west coast outdoorsy adjacent area).

im guilty of it as well as ive never been to a cabelas or own camo. but i do daily drive a colorado...

·
Registered
5 Posts
strongly disagree.

regionally anyway. these midsize trucks are the rooftop tent, mtn bike, snowboard shuttle, etc of choice around here (west coast outdoorsy adjacent area).

im guilty of it as well as ive never been to a cabelas or own camo. but i do daily drive a colorado...
T100 owner, camo wearer but also patagonia outdoor fancy boy. VCG is right - the wanna be west coast outdoor liberal elites love mid size trucks with all the lifestyle accoutrements.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts