VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Can’t knock it, it’s unique and that’s rare in this day & age. Not my cup of tea but I think it’s cohesively designed.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I like that there's no obvious eyes-nose-mouth like just about every other front end. Looks a bit odd at first, but I like it.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
919 Posts
The profile is nice and I like the rear. The front, eh. And I’m still not a fan of their interior.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Very polarizing but you have to admit Hyundai/Kia styling has been bold to say the least. It takes balls to release something like this, the latest Elantra, Sonata and Santa Cruz. I like to see them taking a styling risk instead of just pumping out non offensive designs like we see from everyone else.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I test drove the original Sportage. The body roll was so bad I thought I was going to fall out of the driver's window taking a right at 5 mph. Hopefully they have figured that out in the interim.

It looks huge. Funny how models can only get bigger one gen after the next. I'm surprised the Miata doesn't seat 8 by this point.

·
Registered
2020 718 Cayman GT4 (Miami Blue)
1,443 Posts
Big "oof" on the front end.

K/H hitting their stride while BMW has obviously taken some bad LSD. Game over.
Not sure I can agree there. I dislike the front on this as much as the BMW

Reactions: Zunflower

·
Registered
239 Posts
Fairly bold, for sure, but overwrought inside and out to a degree that I wouldn't get along with if sitting in my garage. Will do well in the suburban driveway posing, Ooohing and Aaahing, contests I imagine, so will probably be a success among the non-enthusiast masses. Contrary to what someone else said here, will make things like the cleanly styled and tasteful Tiguan and Taos more appealing, but admittedly only to a certain, smaller segment of populace.

In any case, we could argue about it all day long, but in the end styling is always very subjective.

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
27,803 Posts
Not sure I can agree there. I dislike the front on this as much as the BMW
This is exactly where I see a similar approach between the BMW M3/4 (mostly the 3) and the Sportage. To my eyes, from the front of hood to the back bumper, both the M3 and the Sportage are pretty traditional. Both have nice proportions, IMO. But what fails for me on both is the front. But it's the front of both that gives character to the rest of the entire exterior design. I like the front of the Sportage a lot more than the M3/4, but I mean, they're both ugly IMO. The difference is that the Sportage isn't so ugly that I wouldn't buy it, unlike the M3/4. And, because the rest of body surfacing beyond the front is fairly tame, I'd also take the Kia over the Tucson which has too many creases and body lines---all of which are IMO, of course.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Fairly bold, for sure, but overwrought inside and out to a degree that I wouldn't get along with if sitting in my garage. Will do well in the suburban driveway posing, Ooohing and Aaahing, contests I imagine, so will probably be a success among the non-enthusiast masses. Contrary to what someone else said here, will make things like the cleanly styled and tasteful Tiguan and Taos more appealing, but admittedly only to a certain, smaller segment of populace.

In any case, we could argue about it all day long, but in the end styling is always very subjective.
I didn't know that people engage in "posing" with a Kia but with 240hp/260tq even the current Sportage would leave a Tiguan sucking soccer mom dust.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Looks pretty good, almost like a wagon. The front end thought, not for me.

This is probably the same size as the LWB Tucson, so it will be quite long and close to Sorrento's dimension.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Blue, 2013 Infiniti G37x Coupe
22,225 Posts
Letting this sit for a bit, it's almost too overdesigned for me at the front but it's not off-putting.

I prefer its corporate cousin overall, though.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts