VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
19,086 Posts
My only issue with the new Sportage is that it shares the same name with that car.
I just saw an original RAV-4 following a new one, in traffic.
The original RAV-4 wasn't the same kind of POS as the original Sportage, but the difference in execution between both new and old versions of each CUV is amazing to see.

·
Registered
13,050 Posts
I just saw an original RAV-4 following a new one, in traffic.
The original RAV-4 wasn't the same kind of POS as the original Sportage, but the difference in execution between both new and old versions of each CUV is amazing to see.
The original Sportage was weird. Body on frame Mazda Bongo platform with real 4WD.

Reactions: surfstar

·
Registered
275 Posts
I really enjoy what Kia is doing with exterior design right now. One of the few brands trying something different with lighting layout and styling. Not just another generic attempt at a big trapezoid grill and "angry" headlights.

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
23,209 Posts
I said it earlier, and maybe it's the color palette/angles/background that hints at some sort of brutalist architecture you'd find in Paris, but in the picture below the Sportage truly looks like a French car...I'm thinking maybe Peugeot. Note I'm not saying they copied a French car as this does not match any of Peugeot's current corporate design cues (and quite frankly looks pretty original), but that it could have come from them which is high praise.

All that said this is a good reminder that I really need to hit the reset button in my perception of Kia. Hopefully they can revamp their dealer network as well, at last check they were pretty scummy.

·
Registered
B8 S4, E30 vert, E36 coupé
1,918 Posts
I honestly find this car exceptionally attractive compared to its competitors. The blue/white interior is absolutely icing on the cake.

If their EV releases deliver on their promises, 2020s will belong to H/K/Genesis.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
I test drove the original Sportage. The body roll was so bad I thought I was going to fall out of the driver's window taking a right at 5 mph. Hopefully they have figured that out in the interim.
So you're hoping that Kia has figured out body roll since 1993?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts