VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
The new 2023 SEL premium does look sportly with those new wheels, but what about the increased road noise?
They’re quiet, if you live in the northern climate with lots of potholes though you might damage a tire or wheel if you hit a big one? 18” or 19” snow tires/wheels a bit safer.

· Registered
2021 Audi S4 Premium (gone but not forgotten: 2016 GTI SE 6MT)
1,414 Posts
The new 2023 SEL premium does look sportly with those new wheels, but what about the increased road noise?
The wheels are not new. The same 20” have been offered on the SEL-P since the 2021 model year. I like the design too. Normally not a fan of bi-color wheels but this design works and is very unique.

· Registered
2,459 Posts
The wheels are not new. The same 20” have been offered on the SEL-P since the 2021 model year. I like the design too. Normally not a fan of bi-color wheels but this design works and is very unique.
Comparing with my mom's previous 2019 with the Rosario's and my 2023 SEL-P with the Nashvilles (I think that is the name ), I didn't hear any difference in terms of road noise.

As for the look, at first I really wanted the Rosario's instead and I even tried to work something out with the dealer to swap before delivery. However, i am actually liking the look of the Nashvilles. I have seen a few rolling videos of it and love the look when spinning as well.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,459 Posts
20" wheels are only recommended by VW for the models with DCC. I dont know where the SEL-P stands with that ? Premium sounds like it should have it.
DCC is standard in all trims here in the US

Reactions: T16

· Registered
6,678 Posts
Nothing like near-black giant wheels to scream fad. The SEL wheels look decent with the fad-gray, but they don't go well with the other colors that well, except maybe the white.

I honestly don't know what their target audience is with the Arteon anymore. It's a mix of timeless classic elegance and some choices that scream fad.

I also get the feeling that the designers really wanted to sweat out all the details to make this a flagship sedan, but they were told to stop when they were only 98% done :)

I really like many things about this car. I fully understand that no car is perfect or will please everyone, and I am willing to live with that. But I don't get the choice of 20" wheels on this car in the SEL trims. I also hear the radio sucks on the non-Premium trims. These are not mere cosmetic things that you can just ignore. You will ride on those 20" all the time and you will listen to the sound system all the time.

· Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing like near-black giant wheels to scream fad. The SEL wheels look decent with the fad-gray, but they don't go well with the other colors that well, except maybe the white.

I honestly don't know what their target audience is with the Arteon anymore. It's a mix of timeless classic elegance and some choices that scream fad.

I also get the feeling that the designers really wanted to sweat out all the details to make this a flagship sedan, but they were told to stop when they were only 98% done :)

I really like many things about this car. I fully understand that no car is perfect or will please everyone, and I am willing to live with that. But I don't get the choice of 20" wheels on this car in the SEL trims. I also hear the radio sucks on the non-Premium trims. These are not mere cosmetic things that you can just ignore. You will ride on those 20" all the time and you will listen to the sound system all the time.
I’d upgrade my 2019 SELP to a 2023 SEL, if it wasn't for the crappy audio system! So I am looking for the SELP, but frankly I don’t care for look of the 2023 wheels and the low profile tires which are probally more noisier than my 19 inch ones. With the feature deletes and the possibility of swapping the wheels/tires the 2023 SEL-P is looking way expensive.
Does anyone think that VW will pull a rabbit out of the hat with the last few cars and do a final fully-loaded limited edition? I’d really like to get the acoustics package ((offered in EU/UK) which has double pane glass.

· Registered
2,459 Posts
I’d upgrade my 2019 SELP to a 2023 SEL, if it wasn't for the crappy audio system! So I am looking for the SELP, but frankly I don’t care for look of the 2023 wheels and the low profile tires which are probally more noisier than my 19 inch ones. With the feature deletes and the possibility of swapping the wheels/tires the 2023 SEL-P is looking way expensive.
Does anyone think that VW will pull a rabbit out of the hat with the last few cars and do a final fully-loaded limited edition? I’d really like to get the acoustics package ((offered in EU/UK) which has double pane glass.
They will probably do something to go out with a bang. Megan said she cannot speak to future product plans or things of that nature, especially product life cycles but she mentioned that the '24 will be 95% similar to the '23. So that 5% is the mystery of what that will be . If you are not keen on the '23, it is probably best to wait for the '24

· Registered
1,414 Posts
They will probably do something to go out with a bang. Megan said she cannot speak to future product plans or things of that nature, especially product life cycles but she mentioned that the '24 will be 95% similar to the '23. So that 5% is the mystery of what that will be . If you are not keen on the '23, it is probably best to wait for the '24

If they do something substantial for the SEL-P trim for 2024, I will probably get one. They did virtually nothing for the top trim for the 2022 and 2023 model years (I still don't know how the 2023 black carbon dash/door trim is different from the 2021-2022 models. It looks the same to my eyes). The fully equipped SEL-P trim (with no delete features) is the only one that appeals to me because I don't like the full dark 20" SEL wheels and the base stereo is crappy. What I'd like to see is a revamped center console that gets rid of so many blank buttons and a larger infotainment screen. I don't think either will happen if the 2024 changes amount to 5%.

· Registered
60 Posts
If they do something substantial for the SEL-P trim for 2024, I will probably get one. They did virtually nothing for the top trim for the 2022 and 2023 model years (I still don't know how the 2023 black carbon dash/door trim is different from the 2021-2022 models. It looks the same to my eyes). The fully equipped SEL-P trim (with no delete features) is the only one that appeals to me because I don't like the full dark 20" SEL wheels and the base stereo is crappy. What I'd like to see is a revamped center console that gets rid of so many blank buttons and a larger infotainment screen. I don't think either will happen if the 2024 changes amount to 5%.
My guess is that the 5% is the infotainment
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Gear shift Car seat cover

· Registered
443 Posts

· Registered
1,414 Posts
Really don’t see them doing that on a car that is on its last year.😀
I don’t see it either. This will involve a substantial revamp of the interior. I’d be happy with the 9.2” Discover Pro Media display which fits the existing interior but requires a new glovebox head unit. You lose the volume and tuning knobs but that’s a trade-off I’m willing to make. The thick black bezel around the current 8.0” display bothers me.

· Registered
2,459 Posts
I don’t see it either. This will involve a substantial revamp of the interior. I’d be happy with the 9.2” Discover Pro Media display which fits the existing interior but requires a new glovebox head unit. You lose the volume and tuning knobs but that’s a trade-off I’m willing to make. The thick black bezel around the current 8.0” display bothers me.
Yeah the 9.2 has a better look than this iPad looking one. Although it fits the ID.4, I don't think it will be aesthetically pleasing in the Arteon cabin. personally I would love to have the Touareg cockpit

· Registered
60 Posts
I’m afraid that’s where VW group is headed
This Audi A4 has a similar setup

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Steering wheel Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 39 Posts