VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Blue, 2018 VW GTI
22,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SUBARU DEBUTS REFRESHED 2023 LEGACY SEDAN WITH NEW FRONT STYLING, ENHANCED SAFETY FEATURES, AND UPDATED MULTIMEDIA

*Legacy receives an updated look with a redesigned front fascia

*Latest version of EyeSight® Driver Assist Technology is standard

*Touring XT equipped with a new Wide-Angle Mono Camera to further enhance the EyeSight system’s field of view

*Wireless Apple CarPlay® and wireless Android™ Auto is standard on 11.6-inch Multimedia Plus system

*Sport Trim now comes standard with 2.4-liter turbo SUBARU BOXER® engine

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Subaru Legacy peaked at 4th gen...
Second peak was/is the 2015ish IMO

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Still think these are extremely handsome to this day, and it’s the only late model legacy I’d drive. Subaru keeps botching their styling so bad. Everything they’ve made in the last few years looks so damn cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Second peak was/is the 2015ish IMO

View attachment 185222

View attachment 185224

Still think these are extremely handsome to this day, and it’s the only late model legacy I’d drive. Subaru keeps botching their styling so bad. Everything they’ve made in the last few years looks so damn cheap.
Agree, though I'm biased. We have a 2015 Legacy Limited. It's been a good vehicle and still looks good (y)

We'll keep it for as long as it keeps running.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
New 'Sport Model' for 2023 with 2.4T but still leaves CVT...No new STI models in the works, why not put a MT on this, It would sell like hotcakes. The 2.4T still has plenty of room for tuning. Like with what Toyota is doing for enthusiasts, just seems like this was a no brainer. 😐

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150 (ordered)
4,067 Posts
Im sure it's fun with the 2.4 but the 2015+ was just a beautiful car. A 3.6 version would be worth holding onto. Even the latest gen was a great looking car. I like the 2.4 in our Ascent and I think I'm safe to assume it's even more enjoyable in the Legacy.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Ok that may be a bit facetious but, 6MT, 2.4T AWD, EYESIGHT, and the biggie no cladding like the WRX.
They would literally sell like 5 of them.

I imagine the business case for that would be SO bad, if someone at SOA would have suggested it during this car's gestation, I imagine that would be grounds for getting fired.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
They would literally sell like 5 of them.

I imagine the business case for that would be SO bad, if someone at SOA would have suggested it during this car's gestation, I imagine that would be grounds for getting fired.
They had a few MT on their models and got rid of the STI (which was manual) and with Toyota offering more sport/enthusiasts cars with MT it kind of makes sense just to act relevant. Like if their was a new model STI this point is moot basically.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150 (ordered)
4,067 Posts
Killing/pausing the STI and then coming out with what is effectively another Legacy GT wouldn't make a ton of sense for the brand but it sure would be an awesome car.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
They had a few MT on their models and got rid of the STI (which was manual) and with Toyota offering more sport/enthusiasts cars with MT it kind of makes sense just to act relevant. Like if their was a new model STI this point is moot basically.
Yes, I am well aware they had a handful of manual trans sedans over the years. And they are gone now. You should be thinking about why that is the case.

·
Registered
116 Posts
We ordered our outback touring about two weeks before they stopped accepting new orders. Presumably because of the refresh? After seeing the new design language, I'm glad we got ours when we did. Also, this is our first car with a CVT. I don't think my wife cares at all but for an appliance, it's not as bad as I was expecting.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts