VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i run 20mm (total track of 40mm) on my mk4 golf w/o rubbing issues. i have 17" wheels offset at 35mm w/ 225/45/17 tires. the reason for wanting to run 20mm spacers are to flush out my rims w/ the fender and they don't require the longer bolt setup works like an adapter. i think 20mm comes out to be 3/4" and looks like its going to be a cloes fit. thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Re: 20mm wheel spacer (GOGOVDUBER)

on a 35 offset, your gonna have problems up front. that pushes you to a 15 offset, outback its not a problem, up front it is, you will need the longer wheel bolts no matter what, for the front on a 35 offset i'd use max 10mm spacer
jay

·
Registered
662 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]can i run 20mm (total track of 40mm) on my mk4 golf w/o rubbing issues. i have 17" wheels offset at 35mm w/ 225/45/17 tires. the reason for wanting to run 20mm spacers are to flush out my rims w/ the fender and they don't require the longer bolt setup works like an adapter. i think 20mm comes out to be 3/4" and looks like its going to be a cloes fit. thanks in advance[HR][/HR]​
The 20mm H&R spacers are just like the 15mm ones, only thicker and like the 15mm ones they still require longer lugbolts.
The adapters you're thinking about are 25mm thick. The rear of the car needs spacers to bring the tires more flush with the
fenders but the fronts are already closer to the fenders so they don't really need spacers like the rears do. You didn't say
how wide your wheels are but usually they're at least 7" wide or more so at 35mm you really shouldn't need spacers up front.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 20mm wheel spacer (RandyWalters)

hey guys my wheels are 17x7.5 and i believe that powertech a european manufacturer makes 40mm (total track) that are more like adapters (don't require longer lugs), i want to go with this option because i want to reuse my wheel locks and i think that H&R's 25mm thats about an inch is too wide . if anyone is interested i might be able to get a slight discount from tuning zuberhor.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts

I have 20mm adaptors on my dub (porsche wheels). I have 225/45-17 they are very flush. In the rear i have the same thing just with 255-45 tires. With race springs they tuck just under the fender well. Looks great.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 20mm wheel spacer (Bundaho)

your ride sounds sweet. those are huge tires you have on the rear. are you running 20mm all the way around or just the rear and do you know the dimensions of the porsche rims. can you send or post some pics. how much were you able to get those for. thanks man

[Modified by GOGOVDUBER, 6:06 PM 12-6-2001]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts