VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,121 Posts
Re: 20th AE #0000(IY) for sale!!! (roshlioBG)

I remember when it was first for sale 2 years ago

Way too much considering the milage takes away from the rareity of 0000. The car with < 2000 miles could do it, if the right buyer was there.

· Registered
837 Posts
It was also on ebay three times and hasn't sold yet!

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (20thgti2461)

funny maybe not that big of a deal that 20th after all................

Just kiddin'...
Someone will buy it .... some ...maniac will buy it and make it look like a honda or something or make it a show car like the mk3 with the fish tanks and tv evrywhere.........

· Registered
14,449 Posts
Re: 20th AE #0000(IY) for sale!!! (20thAEguy)

$25k for 25k miles? Puh-lease. I just don't see the real appeal of the number 0000 for a Dub. You're literally paying almost $10,000 for that piece of metal, do you realize that?? The guy who's selling this needs to wake up. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
2,462 Posts
Re: 20th AE #0000(IY) for sale!!! (dcomiskey)

don't press cars get a beating at an auto show? So what would be different about this one? I wouldn't pay that much.... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
2,462 Posts
Re: 20th AE #0000(IY) for sale!!! (ellen)

maybe for 0000
but for all the rest of us fine folks..... random #'s stuck on at port

Looking at the registry, the #s above and below me are from CA... i am from PA

· Registered
14,449 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ellen »
uhmm... it is a collector's piece ladies and gents.
doesn't it go like - the lower the number is, the rarer the piece is?

Usually, but I think this is one of those cases where it's not worth that much more. Obviously, the guy hasn't been able to unload it anywhere as he's struck out on eBay like 3 times and no one else is biting. Simple fact is that this car, regardless of the #, isn't worth $25k. Maybe if there were 100 made, but.... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
4,441 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ellen »
uhmm... it is a collector's piece ladies and gents.
doesn't it go like - the lower the number is, the rarer the piece is?

NO, not at all. If you think about it, what makes #1 rarer than #4000? Nothing, theres only one #0001 and only one #4000, thus having the same rarity.

· Registered
14,449 Posts
Re: 20th AE #0000(IY) for sale!!! (gtimini)

Quote, originally posted by gtimini »
Pretty sure this car has been for sale since January. I wonder how much interest he has had?

Obviously very little. I guess there are more smart people out there than I thought.

· Registered
1,218 Posts
Re: 20th AE #0000(IY) for sale!!! (dcomiskey)

Quote, originally posted by dcomiskey »
$25k for 25k miles? Puh-lease.

Wow, can’t wait ‘til the car has 50,000 miles: Wonder what the selling price will be then ($50,000 maybe?)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.