VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently informed that the used 20th I just bought doesn't have the 20th front valence. From further inspection, I saw that this is true and it's probably just a normal 1.8t GTI front valence. Can I do anything about this with the dealership I bought it from? The dealer I went through is an ****** and is never open to anything I request. Can I have them replace it for me for free?
The thing is I didn't notice it when I bought the car, it's just one minor detail...
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Re: 20th front valence (chungie)

YES, you paid for the groundeffects kit that comes stock on 20ths/337s.
If they don't, call VWoA to set things straight.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
yeah that is pretty screwed up -- not to be mean or anything but you didn't notice the entire bottom of the car was blue except for one -- out of place piece?? Call VWofA

·
Registered
397 Posts

You did say it was a used car. If the dealer took it in as a trade without the valence, why would they be responsible for providing one now?

·
Registered
39 Posts

Hey Chungie if you need work done on ur 20th take it to VW in QUINCY MA. Its about 10 miles south of Boston off of 93. I know a couple of the tech's there and they both own 20th's and know there stuff. Super cool and super knowledgeable.
Don't stand for a seedy dealer shorting you on this one.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Re: 20th front valence (chose2drive)

Quote, originally posted by chose2drive »
Hey Chungie if you need work done on ur 20th take it to VW in QUINCY MA. Its about 10 miles south of Boston off of 93. I know a couple of the tech's there and they both own 20th's and know there stuff. Super cool and super knowledgeable.
Don't stand for a seedy dealer shorting you on this one.
i assume you speak of quirk? i've heard they have bad service.... this was a little before they moved into their new building and stuff though... maybe they've gotten better....

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Re: 20th front valence (JakeN20)

all dealer suk its just trying to limit the amount of damage they do to your car when trying to get something else fixed... thats all you can hope for!

·
Registered
39 Posts

JAKE N 20:
Yeah i am referring to Quirk. Quirk VW is good in my opinion but everyone has there problems with the dealerships. I've seen the same cars in there time in and time out but who is to blame for that? 9-10 times its how the car rolled off the line and not the tech who works on it. By the way I don't work for VW but totally trust Quirk. How can u go wrong at a dealership where 2 of the techs drive 20th's? They obviously love their cars and i'm totally comfortable bringing mine there.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Re: 20th front valence (chose2drive)

well like i said, they may have turned things around... and like you said, i would trust enthusiasts fixing my car as well.... when i lived up there, i got mine serviced at southshore vw.... and i had no problems with them for a while until about 3 weeks before i moved, they were kinda getting on my nerves with some things...
from what i've seen and heard, quirk has great pricing on cars... i remember they were selling 20ae's for pretty cheap when they came out.

·
Registered
377 Posts

Chungie, I'm glad you looked into this bro. Maybe check South Shore VW... it is far from us but they are a very good dealership and may understand the situation (they know about mods etc, and I think some of them may be on the tex too).
Good luck, you def are entitled to the valence.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Re: 20th front valence (ArjunGTI)

I still don't understand why everyone seems to think that he's entitled to the right valence when he bought a *used* car.
What if someone had traded 20th in with some other wheels on it, the buyer didn't notice (or know better), then decided he really wanted the OZs? Would the dealer be responsible for paying for those?
Not that it isn't disappointing, but where's the blame? Maybe they could get him one for cost +labor?

·
Registered
37 Posts

this may sound stupid, but first of all what is a front valence, and how can I know if my 20th AE has it or not?

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Re: 20th front valence (Sep)

Quote, originally posted by Sep »
this may sound stupid, but first of all what is a front valence, and how can I know if my 20th AE has it or not?

there are no stupid questions... only stupid answers... which i'm sure we'll get, so here is your answer....

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Re: 20th front valence (jdibb)

Quote, originally posted by jdibb »
I still don't understand why everyone seems to think that he's entitled to the right valence when he bought a *used* car.
What if someone had traded 20th in with some other wheels on it, the buyer didn't notice (or know better), then decided he really wanted the OZs? Would the dealer be responsible for paying for those?
Not that it isn't disappointing, but where's the blame? Maybe they could get him one for cost +labor?

Wow, that long for a voice of reason. You can call VWoA but they can't help you since you probably bought the used car "as is". You should have done a thorough look over the car with someone that has some experience with them. I don't think that you are entitled to one from that dealer but you might see if they will help you with the cost of a new one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts