VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day i went to jack up my car and i realized that my car car sits lower on the passenger side by about 1/2 inch. So i took it to the dealership on a Saturday and they had no answer to me, just told me to bring it back during the week so they could call VW tech line. Well i went today and they told me that its normal for GTI's. They said they measured a R32 and it was 3/8 inch difference and a regular GTI was 1/4 inch difference. Has anybody ever heard of this or experience this??? Any ideas would be helpful because i just don't trust the dealership. thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 20TH Sits lower on passenger side than driver side??? (iokovos2)

Does anyone know anything about this condition??? Anything would be helpful.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Weird. Never noticed that before. Just lower the driver side a 1/4 inch and you'll be all set

-Raj

·
Registered
9,895 Posts

Well, one of two things I can think of. I remember reading that a few years back, Jeep had a problem because the Wranglers were significantly lower on the driver side than the passenger side. The problem was that when they tied them down to transport, they only tied down the left side. Seeing as they are left that way for days, weeks, and in some cases, months, the suspension became permanently lowered on that side. The other thing I can think of is that if you drive alone often, the suspension may have settled a little more on the left than the right.

·
Registered
873 Posts

the driver's side could be higher to compensate for the driver's weight. but .5" seems like a bit much. i think someone has done measurements. try the search.

·
Registered
527 Posts

Make sure that the ground where you are measuring is perfectly level. It may look like it is but just the slightest fluctuation can cause one side to sit differently then the other. I would suggest measuring the car in a couple of different places to make sure it is notdue to where you are parked at a particular time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I know it has been measured on even ground because not only have i measured it but VW dealership has measured it. They seem to think that its for handling purposes that when anybody sits in the driver seat it becomes even but i don't know. thanks for everybody ideas

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

Does your GF have a fat ass?

Sorry, someone had to say it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts