VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a intercooler mister kit on a 337 saturday from 20 valve tuners.The kit was super easy to install and had everything needed to do the job. The kit fits all mk4 turbo cars. It proved itself to me in 107 degree temps.It was like driving at night or early morning.Very cheap.$55.00 Contact C. @ [email protected]

·
Registered
10,102 Posts
Re: 20valve tuners misters kit for 18T (AxeAngel)

quote:[HR][/HR]very very similar to the kit i sold for $35 shipped
[HR][/HR]​
Squirt bottle filled with ice water and manual trigger inside cockpit?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: 20valve tuners misters kit for 18T (d1amund)

alright guys, i tracked it down.
This page is in .pdf so you will need adobe to read it.
http://www.evoms.com/PDF Files/VW Jetta Golf 18T.pdf
scrool down a few pages.
The thing is it says that u use ur windshield washer resivor.
is it just pure water? i mean what about the winter? wont it freeze in the line and stuff?
anyways, whats ur opinons on this

·
Registered
632 Posts
Re: 20valve tuners misters kit for 18T (MiFLiGTi)

I'm not sure if this is the same one or same design that this guy is selling but in answer to your question
quote:[HR][/HR]is it just pure water? i mean what about the winter? wont it freeze in the line and stuff?[HR][/HR]​
If you have to worry about water freezing in the winter months where you live you won't be worrying about IC heat soak.
Edit: keep scrolling down to page 11...Thanks for the link http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by d1amund, 1:39 PM 8-6-2002]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: 20valve tuners misters kit for 18T (H2O WOLF)

well during the winter months i dont have to worry about heat soak but what about the summer months, damn in the summer, its liek 100 degrees and humid as hell here.
Man i can tell a HUGE difference in the way my car feels between yesterday and today. its just crazy i tell ya jsut crazy!!!

·
Registered
632 Posts

Hehehe I don't want to hear about hot until you live in the desert like us. Anyway, in the summer you can have the IC mister activated and/or using water, in the winter you can go back to washer fluid for your windshield and/or disable the mister. My guess is that these cheaper systems just reroute the washer tank to the IC mister and still maintain use of the washer jets for the windshield...shouldn't be a problem then. i.e. don't activate the IC mister in the winter when you have washer fluid in the tank.

[Modified by d1amund, 2:00 PM 8-6-2002]

·
Registered
113 Posts

yeah but dont u guys live in a dry heat?
i think id rather live where its hot all the time than live where it sfrickin snows and crap.
wanna trade states?

·
Registered
632 Posts

Dry heat yes. People around here have a fit when the humidity level gets above 50%. We get snow too in Salt Lake (not in Vegas where I am half the time) and no way in hell would I trade..I'm originally from the East coast (PA) and no all too well about that miserable humidity

Back on topic: Does humidity have any effect on IC effeciency?

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Back on topic: Does humidity have any effect on IC effeciency?[HR][/HR]​
YES ANS YES!!!! does noone read what i post anymore!!!!! seriously im getting pissed off now so im gonna stop typing. you guys that have questions need to start reading whats been said on this board and not just type away madly.
THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED AT LENGTH BY ME LESS THAN 3 DAYS AGO! REPEATEDLY!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Re: 20valve tuners misters kit for 18T (AxeAngel)

Well I am so sorry and since you are done typing here is a recap of what you said...school is out kiddies:
Water vapor acts as a buffer, stabilizing temperatures and water is an excellent molecule that abosrbs heat efficiently. high humidity is like an intercooler mister. it reduces charged air temperatures.
One school of thought : Dry air has more usable(combustible) 02 thus making more HP
Other school of thought : More water vapor causes lower intake temps and lower temps of combustion due to innate kinetic energy of water(read brownian effect of water)
Common agreement : Humid air helps reduce heatsoak due to water vapor acting as a buffer on the IC.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

nope sorry.. if you wanna play hardball you might wanna bring something with you when its gametime.
go to the previous page of that thread and then go to every other IC mister thread on THIS PAGE and youll see a plethora of information.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts