VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official. The newer V6 have 21 more HP than before (241 in place of 220).
What I don't know is from which production week the new more power engines started to be mounted.
Someone could help me?
It's vital for me, as I'm waiting for my V6 to arrive, and I'd like to know if I'd have 220 or 241 HP.
Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: 21 more HP for the V6 (Gurringo)

You'll just have to take it for a drive and try to figure it out for yourself.

Those production weeks are not written in stone. Things could definately get implemented later than the SOP xx/04 coding.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Re: 21 more HP for the V6 (Jack F)

Is it possible that there is really no change, but they have re-tested or redefined the ratings for V6's?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Where did you get this info? I've heard for a while that the V6 would see a horsepower increase, but I hadn't seen it confirmed yet. I assume that it has the same specs as the R32 VR6, which also has 241 hp. Lastly, I wonder if this change applies to all world markets, or just particular ones?

Modified by credditt at 1:13 AM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: 21 more HP for the V6 (4x4s)

Anyone heard any more on this subject, i have just bought a 6 month old V6 and would like to get some more power. Any plans for VW to offer upgrade for earlier cars? I believe the V6 is the same as that in the R32 golf which produces simular HP to the new figure for the Touareg. Anyone know the difference between the two engines?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Re: 21 more HP for the V6 (callenby)

I have a friend who works in VWHK and he told me it's factory confirmed that the new V6 will have 240 or so HP and he told me to stop dreaming for upgrade !!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (credditt)

You can see at the Germany VW web site (www.volkswagen.de/touareg/). It's in german language, of course, but it's no so difficult to arrive at the engine specifications for Touareg.
Progressivley, all european markets are upgrading their webs offering the same engine. The 241 HP susbtitutes 220 HP.
In my opinion, this is a decission to better compete against Porsche Cayenne base model that uses the same engine but with 250 HP.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Re: 21 more HP for the V6 (hotdaymnitzbao)

Quote, originally posted by hotdaymnitzbao »
HEY I'M GOING TO HK!!!!!

are you? when?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Re: 21 more HP for the V6 (hotdaymnitzbao)

wow. i think i have a date guys!

Vortex love http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Re: (hotdaymnitzbao)

lol.
what kind of pictures

T-reg related, you know "center console" and all that staff.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Re: (Highline)

Maybe they're putting another gerbil in the V6 to up the HP, just to keep this dating game on topic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts