VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Re: 225/45/17 (thedj_edm_jetta)

On the back, they'll rub like crazy on the outside when you hit bumps... on the front you don't need spacers, but they'll eat into the inner lining when you turn. With a few mods they'll work, but not worth it IMO

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Re: 225/45/17 (Freerevving)

i ran them w/ 0 rubbing, 35 et. lowered 1.5". 15mm is pushing it though even on oem ride height. really depends on wheel offest. post some specs.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Freerevving »
On the back, they'll rub like crazy on the outside when you hit bumps... on the front you don't need spacers, but they'll eat into the inner lining when you turn. With a few mods they'll work, but not worth it IMO

True that. Don't do it...........that's stock/oem MK4 wheel and tire setup.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 225/45/17 (1 can 'rado)

they are BBS RC wheels 17 x 7.5 EST 43 I am running 15mm adapters (5x100 to 5x112) what if i run 35 series tires, stiff ride but ijust need them to fit
what mods are you suggesting i dont want anything heavy, i wont roll my fenders

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Re: 225/45/17 (dasbeast3.0)

Quote, originally posted by dasbeast3.0 »
i ran them w/ 0 rubbing, 35 et. lowered 1.5". 15mm is pushing it though even on oem ride height. really depends on wheel offest. post some specs.

I ran them with 32 offset all around, and on the back they rubbed the shocks really bad... then I ran them with 8mm spacers and they bit into the fender... these were BFGoodrich if it matters... and it chewed up more than 8mm from the edge. I just don't see them working on the back without cutting the fender.
225 45 17 is also stock on the TT... way too big.... looks like crap IMO... I only used the size because I couldn't get myself to throw away BFG's

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Re: 225/45/17 (wzach)

Quote, originally posted by wzach »
205/40/17 or 215/40/17. Lower it.
/Thread.

badda bing badda boom. This man speaks the truth. Except under very odd circumstances, these are the ONLY tire sizes you can use.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 225/45/17 (iwantmyvdub)

Quote, originally posted by iwantmyvdub »

badda bing badda boom. This man speaks the truth. Except under very odd circumstances, these are the ONLY tire sizes you can use.

i figured as much, was hoping to get away without buying new tires but this will be a better set up anyway, thanks for the info guys i will post pics when there on

·
Registered
5,145 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Freerevving »

I ran them with 32 offset all around, and on the back they rubbed the shocks really bad... then I ran them with 8mm spacers and they bit into the fender... these were BFGoodrich if it matters... and it chewed up more than 8mm from the edge. I just don't see them working on the back without cutting the fender.
225 45 17 is also stock on the TT... way too big.... looks like crap IMO... I only used the size because I couldn't get myself to throw away BFG's

besides looking like crap, like i said i didnt have a problem. i didnt have oem suspension either, thats prob. why. they rubbed once in a while if i had 3-4 people in the car, but only in the inner wells. def. not a size i would recommend though. 40's fit /look much better. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.