VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

· Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you would prob. think this is not a race as the skyline is a lot faster...but anyways, we were at tommies and a right hand drive r32 skyline pulls in nicely modded as it sounded strong and fast... so as it leaves we tell (omeezy) which alot of you know does a good job in giving 24valves a good name, to run him. Omeezy being himself always racing cars he knows he is not suppose to be able to compete with said ok... so their off we follow them in my friends 24v, omezzy is reving on his ass so the skyline finally takes off with omeezy right after him. (im thinking here we go, how much is the skyline gonna smoke him by) as im waiting for the skyline to fly. I see omeezy right on his bumper and not going nowhere. I notice the skyline did not pull on omeezy and he stayed right on his ass, actualy giving the skyline a very good run, (i know he was scared seein a vw keeping up)
so all in all it gave v-dubs a good name (24valves specially)
and it made me and my friends just wet our pants as we seen the 24valve never let the skyline go it was on it like flys on s*&t.

· Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 24 valve gti vs. r32 skyline (SoopedUp03GLI)

I have a 1.8t 20th now but i know how it is to be a 24valver since i was one...hardly any mods for theese cars and everyone looks down on them, yet they have a lot of potential . Which is why i decided to post this and cheer up u 24 valvers...
by the way omeezys car sounded great with his magnaflow when he was runing the skyline
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for omeezy great guy even better driver

· Registered
2,612 Posts

you guys are crazy!
you shoulda talked to the guy afterwards to see what he said.
haha, ,thats funny though.
makes me with i lived in the LA area so i could mess around with u fools.
the only other 24v guy here has a 20th ae now, so im kinda bored.

· Registered
245 Posts
I'm not surprised in the least as you most likely raced a Skyline GTS-t. 2.0 I6 turbo with 211 h.p. stock in a heavier chassis then the VR6.
All that glitters is not gold, and all that says "Skyline" is not fast.

· Registered
5,370 Posts
Re: 24 valve gti vs. r32 skyline (bakersfield_gti)

yup i was a witness to that i was the other 24v just staying back and watching the moment happen im telling u it was sick to see a 24v just on his asssss
oo yeah and the sound of the vr was so nice between the the 2 cars the vr sounded so much better just the purrrr of it at full throttle was omg

Modified by hiatussk8rs at 10:30 AM 1-8-2004

· Registered
5,370 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SoopedUp03GLI »

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for omeezy great guy even better driver

damn straight he is

· Banned
693 Posts

It was fast not know 211 hp....It took off very quick, so stop hating it was a skyline r32 ....ur just mad cause u cant keep up with one

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... i doubt that the skyline was a GTR... if it was, he would have been smoked.. especially if it was modified at all..
yeah a skyline is still a skyline and blah blah whatever... but not all of them are fast... they even make NA skylines... and i wouldnt be suprised if that was one of them that your boy raced...

· Registered
245 Posts

It was fast not know 211 hp....It took off very quick, so stop hating it was a skyline r32 ....ur just mad cause u cant keep up with one

1) Yes, I would destroy a stock GTR, be it R32, R33, or R34...and in one of the daily drivers even.
2) No one said it wasn't an R32. I said it wasn't a *GTR*, There isn't just "one type of R32". There were GTS-Ts, and GTRs. The GTS-Ts were the more common of the two, and had a I-6 2.0 turbo motor in it---educated yourself before you let your mouth run rampant.
3) You think your friend's 24V VR6 is "fast". So that leads me to believe you're not too much of a judge with your "it took off very quick". If it were a stock R32 *GT-R* and the guy had *ANY* ability to drive it, at the launch, the car would have pulled 2 car lengths on the VR6 *regardless* of h.p..
4) Your friend's nuts called. They said that they're tired of you hanging from them.

· Registered
2,612 Posts
Re: 24 valve gti vs. r32 skyline (DSSA)

i was wondering why you were being such an *******, but then i realized your almost 30, loosing your libido must do that to a guy. its cool we still love yah man. if you dont have a 24v, which it looks like, please go troll in your own area.
come over here, i got some DSM buddies that will make you cry mommie.

Quote, originally posted by DSSA »

4) Your friend's nuts called. They said that they're tired of you hanging from them.

Modified by bakersfield_gti at 12:43 PM 1-8-2004

· Registered
1,056 Posts

hey guys ok, let me clear soem things up. First off this was ona closed course
i gotta satify the Mods. Yes it was a skyline r32 I think to thinkof myself as somewhat compitent when it comes to the nissans that exist since one of my best friends is a nissan freak and i spend as almost as much time with him and attheir meets and on their forums. however i honestly do not know if it were a GTR or not. I just noticed the SIICK exahust and huge intercooler in the front. It had dealer plates and MotoRex stickers on the car (motorex is the only distrubutor of skylines in America. Anyway, I thought "hmmm, i wonder how bad hes gonna kill me" so anyway I'm behind him at a stop, obviously he would rape me from a launch I know this as does he so we both left off easy, i swith lanes getting next to him and shift into 2nd where i get the rpms all nice and right and then i hear him go for it and I follow. be immediatly pulled to about or a car and half or so ahead of me and then stopped pulling r i should say went from pulling hard to inching slowy away. I remember racing him and thinking this is very similar to when i race my friends 350Z from a roll. In fact I think the Z would have been an excellent race for him. we then parted ways and gave each other a thumbs up, he had a look of being impressed on his face as did I. All in all it was a fun night. I can't wait to hurry up can get some more mods on this car. My friend with his Z (budget sports car
) is beginning to get a big head. lol

· Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

thanks Bakersfield... regardless of what it was a 211 horsepower 4cylinder is lighter than a vr6. Volkswagens in general are heavy and i dont think a Japanese car weights anything close to a 24valve. And sorry im not on skylines nuts to be fully informed about their engines
all i know is no skyline is slower than a vr6 or in that matter any lighter than one. oh and another thing the cars on your list are cars i hand their ass to on a regular basis swap or not...my car or our cars (volswagens) still look better and are made with more quality . Therefore I can take your car and your girl with the same GTI, oh yeah and i have all four seats while doing it
now can run along ........how old are u again

· Registered
245 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bakersfield_gti »

come over here, i got some DSM buddies that will make you cry mommie.
Modified by bakersfield_gti at 12:43 PM 1-8-2004

*VERY* unlikely, and if you want to live vicarously through your "buddies", I have "buddies" as well (and I can assure you that none of your friends are running 8 second DSMs out there), although, I'm pretty sure I don't need to resort to living through the people I know.
The "libido" comment was amusing, however, if pointing out the obvious to someone, them acting like a child in response with no supporting comments, then pointing out their ignorance is "being an *******", then I suppose I am--and I'll gladly live with it.
If you actually believe that a high 14 second 24V VR6 ran with a 12.9 R32 Skyline (especially at the launch), then you need to spend a little more time at the track. I in no way stated that the race didn't happen, nor did I state that anyone was lying. Just pointing out that it's *HIGHLY* unlikely that they ran against an R32 GTR, and that there are other, slower, Skylines out there.

· Registered
245 Posts

thanks Bakersfield... regardless of what it was a 211 horsepower 4cylinder is lighter than a vr6. Volkswagens in general are heavy and i dont think a Japanese car weights anything close to a 24valve. And sorry im not on skylines nuts to be fully informed about their engines

211 h.p. *I6* (this means "inline-6") once again. And yes, unless you're driving a passat, the R32 is heavier.

Quote »

all i know is no skyline is slower than a vr6 or in that matter any lighter than one.

Incorrect again. The world does not revolve around "The Fast and the Furious". Some Skylines were 15 second cars. The only one ever in "the limelight" is the GT-R which is like saying that. Your statement is akin to one saying "All GTis are faster than all Nissan Sentras". Sure, the VR6 is, but the A1 and A2 8V models are nothing to compare to an SE-R.
Quote »

oh and another thing the cars on your list are cars i hand their ass to on a regular basis swap or not...my car or our cars (volswagens) still look better and are made with more quality . Therefore I can take your car and your girl with the same GTI, oh yeah and i have all four seats while doing it
now can run along ........how old are u again

Once again, showing your mouth running a bit too much. You'd better have a VR6 turbo (and not a base-level kit) and some wicked slicks before you ever show up trying to back up those words. I'm sorry to see you're still in the stage I was 8-9 years ago when I was into VWs and actually thought that a car with a bolt-on EIP kit was the fastest thing on wheels. Nowadays, with the way you're running your mouth off, I hope that you're not impressed with the times the twin-turbo R32 put down, because even my younger brother's DSM will run with that. (DISCLAIMER: I am not putting down the TT R32, it is a DAMN impressive car for what it is (heavy, full-interiored car). It's just in a much different class of performance than a severly lightened and peaky DSM).
Thanks again for the additional fodder though.

· Registered
245 Posts
Re: 24 valve gti vs. r32 skyline (omeezy)

Quote, originally posted by omeezy »
hey guys ok, let me clear soem things up. First off this was ona closed course
i gotta satify the Mods. Yes it was a skyline r32 I think to thinkof myself as somewhat compitent when it comes to the nissans that exist since one of my best friends is a nissan freak and i spend as almost as much time with him and attheir meets and on their forums. however i honestly do not know if it were a GTR or not. I just noticed the SIICK exahust and huge intercooler in the front. It had dealer plates and MotoRex stickers on the car (motorex is the only distrubutor of skylines in America. Anyway, I thought "hmmm, i wonder how bad hes gonna kill me" so anyway I'm behind him at a stop, obviously he would rape me from a launch I know this as does he so we both left off easy, i swith lanes getting next to him and shift into 2nd where i get the rpms all nice and right and then i hear him go for it and I follow. be immediatly pulled to about or a car and half or so ahead of me and then stopped pulling r i should say went from pulling hard to inching slowy away. I remember racing him and thinking this is very similar to when i race my friends 350Z from a roll. In fact I think the Z would have been an excellent race for him. we then parted ways and gave each other a thumbs up, he had a look of being impressed on his face as did I. All in all it was a fun night. I can't wait to hurry up can get some more mods on this car. My friend with his Z (budget sports car
) is beginning to get a big head. lol

Cool kill. Even if it was an GTS-T, and it had exhaust and intercooler upgrades, by rights it should have given you a run for your money. Glad some people can still drive these days instead of having to put 500+ to the wheels and then running a pitiful mid-12 at the track (cough! Supra owners 2 years ago cough!)

· Registered
5,370 Posts

when it was pulling out of the lot it looked like it had a gtr badge didnt see that well cause it was dark but if i remember right it had a gtr badge that was kinda a dark badge (but im not to sure) to me its still a skyline and keeping up with one is an up for us gti vr6's

Modified by hiatussk8rs at 2:50 PM 1-8-2004

· Banned
1,663 Posts

Cool. Just one thing;
so all in all it gave v-dubs a good name (24valves specially)
and it made me and my friends just wet our pants as we seen the 24valve never let the skyline go it was on it like flys on s*&t.
"All in all" is a horrible conclusion. Formulaic. It's not your friend.

· Banned
4,741 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DSSA »

*VERY* unlikely, and if you want to live vicarously through your "buddies", I have "buddies" as well (and I can assure you that none of your friends are running 8 second DSMs out there), although, I'm pretty sure I don't need to resort to living through the people I know.
The "libido" comment was amusing, however, if pointing out the obvious to someone, them acting like a child in response with no supporting comments, then pointing out their ignorance is "being an *******", then I suppose I am--and I'll gladly live with it.
If you actually believe that a high 14 second 24V VR6 ran with a 12.9 R32 Skyline (especially at the launch), then you need to spend a little more time at the track. I in no way stated that the race didn't happen, nor did I state that anyone was lying. Just pointing out that it's *HIGHLY* unlikely that they ran against an R32 GTR, and that there are other, slower, Skylines out there.

Maybe you need to spend more time in the real world? No doubt a modified Skyline is quicker but there's more to performance figures than a freaking drag track...why the hell do we need to point that out to so many people EVERY SINGLE TIME?

· Registered
245 Posts
Re: 24 valve gti vs. r32 skyline (Integrale)

Quote, originally posted by Integrale »

Maybe you need to spend more time in the real world? No doubt a modified Skyline is quicker but there's more to performance figures than a freaking drag track...why the hell do we need to point that out to so many people EVERY SINGLE TIME?

I dunno. Maybe because this WHOLE THREAD is about drag racing?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.