VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 2001 Jetta VR6 previously run on non-synthetic oil. Car lives in sunny South Florida where temps are pretty warm.

1. Which oil in which viscosity do you recommend?
2 Do you think I should go full synthetic this change, or go half/half or something to move the car gradually over to synthetic oil? I don't know if this is an issue b/c the engine only has 22k on it.
This is one of my few posts in the vr6 tech. forum...just wanted to say hello to all and thanks for your input.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
Re: 24k mile oil change questions...Please Help (SoFlaJetta)

You should probably do a forum search on "synthetic oil" or just "oil". There have been several threads recently that you may find useful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: 24k mile oil change questions...Please Help (Kenji)

I made the switch on my VR somewhere around the same mileage, and my dealer said it was fine to go to full synthetic in one change. The car has been great since, no problems. Just don't go back to organic, or mix them, after you go synthetic...more knowledgeable folks (dealer) will explain why this is a no-no better then I can.
For viscosity, in sunny SoCal go for a 10-40 or 15-50...depends on what brand you choose and what they offer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.