VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I don't really feel like typing a lot here but there is so much to this story.

Last year. Bought a 24v paid 10k cash after tax title tags. It's clean. 89k mi. I'm technically the 3rd owner but the 2nd didn't have it long at all. 1st owner. 3k mi a year on the road. Garage kept. Clean. 6 speed.

Anyways. 3 days in, shifter bushings but dealership tried to tell me 1600 for cables. Thanks diesel geek..70 bucks.

3 months in. Headgasket 3400 and dude had the car for 5 months! Does run well after. For a bit

Month later
Water pump
400.00 some odd dollars.

Along with control arms tie rod ball joint aem air intake stage 2 southbend clutch,

Current status. The key got stolen and idk if I can get it back. What do i do!?

Also. Dog bone mount. The part that goes into trans. The one closer to sub frame. I crossthreaded the inside of that bolt hole what do I do

Note I didn't do it someone else did but for the sake of time and typing.

I love this car. And I want to get it right. But I'm in it like 20 grand in a year and it's financially ruined me. But like. I'm too far in to it to back out.

Plz help with any advice parts tips hints tricks and anything! Plz
This is when she ticked over 100k a few months sgo

When I first got her she's still clean just never have time for photo op

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
wrong Forum to post this in. This is for 1.8t powered GLI 337 and 20th

Nice car though always liked the 24v vr6 Jetta’s.

Welcome to owning a high mileage German car. If you can do the work yourself they are fun cars but maintenance /repairs add up real quick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wrong Forum to post this in. This is for 1.8t powered GLI 337 and 20th

Nice car though always liked the 24v vr6 Jetta’s.

Welcome to owning a high mileage German car. If you can do the work yourself they are fun cars but maintenance /repairs add up real quick

Oh..uhhh can I change that like...without remaking the post lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts