VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Banned
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, deal is, I'm having a heck of a time deciding on what suspension setup I want to go with.
I like the H&R Cup Kit, but only want the springs, and would use different shocks as the ones that come with the kit bend sometimes.
But I would idealy like something just slightly lower than H&R, so the Apex 2.4 kit comes to mind, but that kit is just too low.
I don't need nor necessarily want coilovers, so a spring/shock/lowering cap combo is just fine.
What do you all recommend?

· Registered
4,470 Posts
I have an H&R cupkit for a little over a year now; no complaints whatsoever. It sits just as low as the apex 2.4, and i've actually seen some 2.4 ktis that look higher than mine. Here are some pics from a long time ago when the kit was fairly new...

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Re: (AbTwannaB)

check sig below.... you might want to consult the suspension forum also on this.... they have some knowledgeble peeps on their... not to mention you may get comments from the manufacters themeselves.... i plan on dumping my shocks for bilsteins, upgrading tires then i am done...

Modified by BEAU-SOF at 1:58 AM 1-10-2004

· Registered
1,217 Posts
Re: (BEAU-SOF)

PSS 9 and Neuspeed stress bars. Currently rocking the steelies and all seasons

· Registered
4,593 Posts
Re: (usfgtivr6)

i have the neuspeed sport springs, 1.5 in drop all around...dropped it like 1.8 in the front and like 2.5 in the back, something is funny about the stock suspension, but the car is perfectly level now and i think it looks awesome. i also have neuspeed rear 28mm sway on stiffest setting, and koni adjustables on the softest all around.
rides nice, specailly if the road is smooth you can be going 133 and no sign at all of sketchyness. turns amazingly, i can often get one of the wheels off the ground if i take a corner hard enough its really fun. if you put the struts and stuff on full stiff its really rough, but if your planing on racing oh my god talk about a nice handling car as opposed to stock

· Registered
802 Posts
Re: 24V GTI Owners, Please Post You Suspension Set Up Pics and Details. (Jazzy GTI)

Pictures? What do you need pictures for... , I'll make this quick. Stock vr6 springs + Koni Yellow. Where I live we have snow , with the snow tires on I could use a little more wheel gap, but thats just me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.