VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2004 Volkswagen Gti with a 24v vr6

I was driving on the freeway going around 60 in 5th when I lost rpm’s for a second and then They came back. Soon after I got off the freeway I had a CEL… I scanned it and it said it was the camshaft position sensor
(Replaced both sensors after)
When I went to turn it on after Replacing the sensors. I found that the brake booster vacuum hose was cracked all the way through and it was making my car idle like ****… so I bought one off of this website called fcpeuro.com but the one they sent me was a bit shorter and the check valve seemed to be a bit smaller.
after Replacing all of the parts I turned on the car but it was still a bit ****ty but I let it warm up to operating temperature. everytime I would give it some gas (up to 2000rpm) it would break up and burble and pop immediately.
Just wondering if I’m off on timing or if this is something anyone has seen before that they can help me out with
Thanks,
dom

p.s. I have access to a good scan tool for afr readings

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Have you scanned again since you replaced the cam position sensor?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I own a 2004 Volkswagen Gti with a 24v vr6

I was driving on the freeway going around 60 in 5th when I lost rpm’s for a second and then They came back. Soon after I got off the freeway I had a CEL… I scanned it and it said it was the camshaft position sensor
(Replaced both sensors after)
When I went to turn it on after Replacing the sensors. I found that the brake booster vacuum hose was cracked all the way through and it was making my car idle like ****… so I bought one off of this website called fcpeuro.com but the one they sent me was a bit shorter and the check valve seemed to be a bit smaller.
after Replacing all of the parts I turned on the car but it was still a bit ****ty but I let it warm up to operating temperature. everytime I would give it some gas (up to 2000rpm) it would break up and burble and pop immediately.
Just wondering if I’m off on timing or if this is something anyone has seen before that they can help me out with
Thanks,
dom

p.s. I have access to a good scan tool for afr readings
maybe it jumped time but i'm doubting that at lower rpms, check the coolant level and make sure that that's all in order a bubble in the system may cause the car to have a sudden loss of power.. kinda like a hiccup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe it jumped time but i'm doubting that at lower rpms, check the coolant level and make sure that that's all in order a bubble in the system may cause the car to have a sudden loss of power.. kinda like a hiccup
thanks man i will try that out. I bought the right size vacuum hose and it still has the same issue.. so its definitely some other problem i need to find out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts