VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just bought an '03 GLI and I look forward to doing some simple mods. I am typically a turbo guy (owned a number of turbo imports) but the 1.8t didnt quite do it for me. Its a lease, so I cant get crazy with mods...and even stock the VR pulled very very nice.
So, what do you guys think of Remus? I heard a new VR with exhaust, and it sounded great. I want the car to sound aggressive, but not too loud or most importantly resonate inside hte car. I can NOT handle the resonation.
Thanks guys, and I look foward to talking more here as I learn the car better. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Re: 24v VR6 exhaust Q (MkIIMike)

if it wasn't a lease, i'd recommend the milltek, but 600 dollars is a lot to spend on an exhaust that you would most likely just turn in w/ the car when your lease is up.
(unless you plan on keeping the stock exhaust in a closet for a while).
i know a few ppl w/ the remus on their 1.8t and they don't really like it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 24v VR6 exhaust Q (jae)

Cool, yea I will keep the stock exhaust. Is there a place to find sound clips?
Also, I guess I should do a search on VR6 coilpacks
Didnt know the 24v had issues.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

try using the search - lots of ppl have posted sound clips of their exhausts.
as for the coilpacks, the 2003s should escape this problem, but that remains to be seen. most of us who have had them have 2002s (but very early 2003s could experience the prob as well).
the problem isn't as widespread as the 1.8ts, but that's mainly b/c there are more 1.8Ts out there then 24Vs at the moment.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]not too loud or most importantly resonate inside the car. I can NOT handle the resonation [HR][/HR]​
What exactly is resonating??? I have been told before, but i dont quite remember.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Re: 24v VR6 exhaust Q (bakersfield_gti)

ive got a 2003 on a lease too and am looking for an exaust. I love the way that the magnaflow sounds (thank you for the clips bakersfield) an am seriously contemplating it but will i have to worry about the dealer getting pissed when i bring it in for service and what not? is an aftermarket exhaust something that will void my warranty? I can just feel the potential if the motor could exhale a little better.
thanks
Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.