VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive went over the seach 20 times, but no help,
but here goes.... Does anyone know how to wire up DBW cars and bypass the Ignition/Immobilizer. I am coverting a A3 VR (12v) to a 24v for a customer of mine. He claims that there are 24v/1.8t's that are running factory harness' and have the immobilizer bypassed
. Is this Possible? Any input would be great. Thanks Angelo

· Registered
32 Posts
Re: 24v Wiring Question (UndergroundVWparts)

I have heard rumours and rumblings along these lines. Nothing in stone, and I have yet to start into my 2003 engine swap, so I can't speak from experience. If you take a look at the lengthy post in here in regards to the 1.8t swap into a MkII Jetta, there was mention by one of the people posting about a way to bypass the IMMO system. It was in the first couple pages. It would seem to me that by far the easiest, and most commonly executed method to deal with this is to bury the key with the reader under the dash. The wiring can then be run to the stock ignition switch, and it effectivly bypasses the system, albeit not as nicely as turning it off. So, I will be playing with my 2L and see what I can find out, till then let us know what you find. HTH, Aaron

· Registered
1,985 Posts
Re: 24v Wiring Question (EmphasisTuningNYC)

There was a post awhile back with a link to Revo's web page about their immobilizer solution but I can't find it now. You either need a chip that does not use the immobilizer or you need the mkIV cluster and the mkIV ignition key to work with the immo.
There is much more to this swap than the immobilizer though. You will need the OBD port wired up, some way to mount the DBW controller. Are you going to run A/C? Cruise control? How are you going to drive the caution/warning lights? All of these things are possible but take some time to work through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.