VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok to start I fully understand the Euro Bumper would fit perfect and That this isnt going to fit correctly but thats not the point of this thread. My question is im going to do this but how ... ive fitted this thing pretty damn well for being two inches shorter than the NA bumper but to mold im going to have to cut it in sections and extend it but where should I do that?

I have no gaps on either side at the moment but on the both the left and right curves it sits slightly behind the bend of the bumper which is hardly noticeable but may be too much to simply fusor smooth .... i was thinking to either cut it in the middle making two equal peices and simply molding in a center two inch peice or making two cuts making it 3 peices and adding two 1 inch peices. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 25th Lip molded to NA Bumper help (EuRo.PLaSTiKs)

Quote, originally posted by EuRo.PLaSTiKs »
I think the easiest way to cut it and shorten it would to make two cuts at both corners trim it down and bevel the edges on each side apply some mesh support on the back side, fusor 143 or 153 to both sides than fusor the body line... if you want it to look like a complete bumper; work a side at a time get a spreader and 153 and use the fusor like filler spreading it up and down feathering into the valance and bumper

Feel Free to shoot us a line [email protected]

Modified by EuRo.PLaSTiKs at 12:26 PM 5-11-2007

Thanks for all your help and you have my order for all the parts we spoke about.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (photoman)

Quote, originally posted by photoman »
why didnt u just buy a euro bumper?

back from the dead? anyways at the time everywhere was back ordered ... thats on the list of "to-do's"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.