VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Hot Import Nights last night in Ft. Lauderdale - big dissapointment - only 2 golfs amongst the rice. It helped some of my friends see the light though - I asked them if they remembered any of the Hondas. None of us could because there were sooo many. Then I asked them if I they remembered seeing the golfs and the bmw's - we all could, which is the exact reason I bought my car (it's not just another #$%^% Honda).
On the way back, I raced a 260 hp 1.8t - very phat, and he spanked me
Anyways, if the owner of that car sees this post - I'm not gonna be able to come in this Monday, only the following Monday (the 10th). Please e-mail me and let me know if that's ok... Thanks...

[Modified by turbocharged, 11:17 AM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: 260 hp green 1.8t last night in Ft. Lauderdale. (turbocharged)

What's in there making that kind of power? Crank or wheels?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 260 hp green 1.8t last night in Ft. Lauderdale. (Jman5000)

Good Question - I don't think those #'s are to the wheels though - he didn't spank me that bad
. He had a whole lot of stuff done, I don't recall him saying KO4 though - would it be possible to push that kind of power without a KO4? - I think not...

[Modified by turbocharged, 11:27 AM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
4,257 Posts

well, that kind of power could possibly be made, but i doubt it. to be running that kind of boost on a KO3 is not possible. that turbo would not last at that kind of PSI level.

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Re: 260 hp green 1.8t last night in Ft. Lauderdale. (cadiburns)

i think it might be possible to push 260hp at the crank from a K03. DBJ is pushing 213hp at the wheels in his, add in the missing 15% for drivetrain loss and you're at about 251 crank. throw some cams in or underdrives and you might be at 260.....
ry

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 260 hp green 1.8t last night in Ft. Lauderdale. (boraIV)

Maybe. I think he did mention underdrives, bu t I'm not sure about cams...

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

if you're tired of seeing so many Hondas, check out califonria, vw's are as common as civics over here

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]They're reaaly tht popular there?
[HR][/HR]​
No, it's just an exaggeration.
A look at the sales #'s would tell you that.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Re: 260 hp green 1.8t last night in Ft. Lauderdale. (ilovethecure)

quote:[HR][/HR]if you're tired of seeing so many Hondas, check out califonria, vw's are as common as civics over here[HR][/HR]​

Check out the seattle are.. There are more VW's than there need to be up here. all the schmucks driving badly that used to be Honda drivers, are now VW' owners..

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Re: 260 hp green 1.8t last night in Ft. Lauderdale. (nate1.8t)

fine, let me rephrase that, THE BAY AREA is overpopulated with VWS!

·
Banned
4,768 Posts
Re: 260 hp green 1.8t last night in Ft. Lauderdale. (ilovethecure)

quote:[HR][/HR]fine, let me rephrase that, THE BAY AREA is overpopulated with VWS! [HR][/HR]​
I'd rather live there than in the South. They really do breed ignorace down here.

·
Registered
163 Posts

there were 3 golfs there, 2 white ones, and mine, the Kameleon and black, the show did suck though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts