VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i laughed my way out of the dealership, with tears streaming down my face i realised i still needed to find the rubber seal for the rollover bar.
anyone have any sugestions where this can be found without having to spend 1/3 the value of my cabby???

if it wasnt so funny i'd probably cry.......

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: $261ca + tax for a piece of rubber..... heheheh very funny (moonkey)

Laughing right with you, there. Have you tried calling some boneyards to see if they have any wrecked cabbies?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Re: $261ca + tax for a piece of rubber..... heheheh very funny (kuklaki)

go to the hardware store and get some marine grade goo glue stuff
and stick that back where it belongs..... kinda ghetto but it'll
save you some dough.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: $261ca + tax for a piece of rubber..... heheheh very funny (exboy99)

nice work batman..........the streets are safe. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,648 Posts

ahhhhh you saw that pic?
BAHHHHH I need to get rid of it.
my family and friends love it so much though.
hahaha..... well yeah thats underoos for ya

·
Registered
3,954 Posts

Quote, originally posted by moonkey »
anyone have any sugestions where this can be found without having to spend 1/3 the value of my cabby???

You can try some band aid approach to your damaged seal that will most likely not work well, look bad and not last long.
You can test your luck at junkyard roulette to see if you can find one on a junked car that is in better shape than the one you have.
Other than that, new is your only option. Try some of the internet vendors. A lot of times they have better pricing than your local dealers.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Re: $261ca + tax for a piece of rubber..... heheheh very funny (Kevin Rowley)

if you were an immoral sort of person you could pull it off somebody elses cabby* (not mine, please)... you know, somebody who doesnt look after thier dub and doesnt deserve nice rubber.
*the information expressed in this post is for reference purposes only. action taken as a reult of this information is the sole responsibility of the person effecting it, i accept not liability for blah blah blah...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Re: $261ca + tax for a piece of rubber..... heheheh very funny (dino01)

How's it attached? Which side is that (or do both sides use the same piece)? If it isn't a giant PITA to remove, I can grab you one from a wreck I'm always picking at. LMK.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Re: $261ca + tax for a piece of rubber..... heheheh very funny (Mattdub)

That rubber seal goes up over the roll bar and all the way into the cavity where the back window rolls down into.
I seem to remember that rocky mountain motorwerks sold it for $150.
I got mine at a wrecker for $5

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: $261ca + tax for a piece of rubber..... heheheh very funny (Mattdub)

thanks for the offer although i intend to "patch" it up for now..... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Quote, originally posted by Mattdub »
How's it attached? Which side is that (or do both sides use the same piece)? If it isn't a giant PITA to remove, I can grab you one from a wreck I'm always picking at. LMK.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

Quote, originally posted by moonkey »

it took me a few trips, but i found a wrecked low-mileage cabby and got those for $3 a piece.
just keep looking.

·
Registered
602 Posts

Yeah, my driver-side seals look just like that, I can't even find them for less than $300 cnd...

Unless anybody knows of a shop that builds aftermarket seals then your best bet it the "junkyard roulette"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts