VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ran into their cams being off a complete 180* after installing these cams and re-timing the engine? I aligned the cams with the special tool, brought the bottom end to TDC installed the sprockets and chains per the bentley manual. I then rotated the engine one complete revolution to confirm timing and when I did this the cams were off a complete 180*?? I had the uper chain cover off so that means no tensioner but still for the small amount of slack I wouldn't think it would cause a 180* difference? Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks in advance...

· Registered
6,740 Posts
Re: 263* Cat Cam install?? (VTGTI337)

start from the beginning again and dont turn it unless you got the upper chain cover on.....ti messes up the timing or something....
VgRt6... he will tell you whats up

· Banned
1,686 Posts
Re: 263* Cat Cam install?? (708VR6)

Quote, originally posted by 708VR6 »
your suppose to turn the engine twice not once, 2 revolutions to bring it back to TDC

and yea keep tension on the chains whenever your going to try and rotate it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.