VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

3.2l Vr6 headers Audi TT

7K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  kgw 
#1 ·
Hello just looking for some input on custom header configuration.
So my flex pipes are leaking and I need to fix them.
The only info I found was it's not worth it for the money at least for the 12 valve. I've heard the 24 valve flows a lot better
My plan is to use 1.75" primaries or maybe a little bit bigger any thoughts? Ill have two 3 to 1 collectors and run dual pipes to the back because I have 4 total O2 sensors

If I make the primaries unequal length matching up to the unequal exhaust runners in the head would that equal out to equal length headers?

If I make equal length primaries would that become unequal because of the unequal exhaust runners in the head?

If I matched up the short exhaust runners in the head with the short primary tubes would it sound like a Subaru?

I do not have a Dyno but I like to keep performance in mind. I'm thinking matching up the short exhaust port runner and longer primary tube would be the best but short on short would probably sound pretty cool.

Any input will be considered thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.