VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
461 - 478 of 478 Posts

·
Registered
16,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
If you are using the 3.6 fuel pump, you'll need the bundy fittings and plastic line to the engine bay
Yes if you are using a mk4 or 3:6 fuel pump you’ll need the bund ends. The cool part is this fuel line is so easy once you know the tricks. I believe I posted them above. If not ping me and I’ll assemble a few pics

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the help, Still slowly moving forward on this build. Lots still to do, like overwhelming amounts of stuff to do to the car, engine and swap.

I still have the complete Passat donor car so I may just pull all the fueling parts from it.

·
Registered
16,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
Also for the tank vent line I’d like to add that after this past weekend I no vent my tank’s vent line to atmosphere. I had a no start issue due to a crank position sensor when filling up with fuel. All the cranking causes fuel to get pulled into the intake manifold where it dripped out the air filter.

I’d recommend all people consider their tank vent line routing. Mine had been good for 4 years but I can the alignment of issues that could have gone very badly. Fortunately I was close to home and had it towed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Was your vent route directly from the tank to the intake?

I think that I at least had mine running through the Corrado charcoal canister before going to the intake. Now however I have the whole EVAP setup in place so that should hopefully prevent the issue you are having.

Also, good idea about the binder. I at least have all my images backed up in a few places, like my fuse/relay subpanel schematics, but hard copies are always a good idea for quick reference (y)

·
Registered
16,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
You guys could make copies of that binder and sell for big money!

Still working on my swap, slow progress to say the least with a wee one(18 months) running around taking all my time.
The binder is free or at least all the documents are, just print out the schematics of the donor, the chassis it’s going into, the pinouts and the 3.6 self study book from the first post. You can also print of torque specs if you want.

·
Registered
16,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #478 ·
Thanks for your answers.

I bought already a vr hood.

Next weekend I will start with the swap.
Put a thread together. It will be good for documenting what you are doing. This will help you later when you wonder what you did and it will help others that want to do the swap.

I refer back to this thread for my own head scratching moments every so often.

461 - 478 of 478 Posts