VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok some of you know that i was building a 3.6L vr6 6 speed well heres my thred. Ill be covering the myths and facts on this build. I will try to post pics when ever i can. This build will cover building my car from the ground up. Feel free to add insight but lets keep this thread clean and open for all ,tks.
Lets start i just got my corrado back from the paint shop

i have a 3.6L engine complete from a 2007 passat and a 02m 6 speed from a jetta gli 24v vr6 ...............to be continued

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
Re: 3.6L FSI 6 speed Corrado build 366C project (Veedubgti)

word http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: 3.6L FSI 6 speed Corrado build 366C project (ERD)

sounds like a great project cant wait to see your progress, I have a 2door mk2 jetta with a 2004 24v vr6 and 6sp tranny and it is closer to being done than ever before, again I look forward to seeing this unfold http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: 3.6L FSI 6 speed Corrado build 366C project (ERD)

So the 02M from a 24V will fit fit even though they are different angle degree motors
That's sweet if so. The 3.6 is such a great enine in the Passat, I can only get excited to think what it would be like mated to a manual trans and in a light weight platform
. Keep us updated on your progress and good luck

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
I was thinking, and I'm curious to know how exactly you plan on integrating the FSI technology in a chassis and other existing wiring that is 15 years older then the new stuff. Many have tried to swap the 2.0T FSI, and I haven't seen very many keep all of the FSI goodies.
Please share some details on this.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (RipCity Euros)

Quote, originally posted by RipCity Euros »
Dont the 3.6s have a faulty oil pump bolt
and when it breaks, it starves the engine of oil? you should look into that. Im working on a 24v in a MK2 jetta coupe aswell, 5 speed tho.

yea it does im also looking @ that as we speak .... some of the bolts will be changed when i open her up.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I know that on the 2.8 24V swaps, if you use the oem wiring, you also either need to reprogram the ECU or get the entire ABS system so that you have a signal from speed sensors so your engine doesnt go into limp mode at 4100 RPM. Have you looked into this? Im not sure if its the same for a 3.6 swap, im only assuming. Progress looks good!

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
So where abouts does this project sit at this moment? Is there any current work being done on it, or are you still collecting parts for it right now?
BTW, what angle is the 3.6 FSI engine? Isnt the 2.8 12v a 16 degree V6?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (Scuba2001)

Quote, originally posted by Scuba2001 »
So where abouts does this project sit at this moment? Is there any current work being done on it, or are you still collecting parts for it right now?
BTW, what angle is the 3.6 FSI engine? Isnt the 2.8 12v a 16 degree V6?

ill update when i get my camara fixed(soon). The 3.6 fsi angle is 10 degrees and the 2.8 is 15 degrees.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: 3.6L FSI 6 speed Corrado build 366C project (Audi4u)

Quote, originally posted by Audi4u »
Are you going to run the fsi system?

yes i am

1 - 20 of 339 Posts