VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Awesome...The front end bolted right back up?

A 2008 TT should be straight forward to just swap the whole 3.6 into.

You have the correct Accelerator Pedal, you don't have a PS pump, the cruise control should work with the 3.6, the cooling setup should be basically the same as the 3.6 Passat.

Unless your TT is manual. No 3.6 came in manual except the Porsche SUV, so most ECMs don't have the clutch pedal input.

Honestly, just shove the whole 3.6 in, here's one in my MK4.

View attachment 78860

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hmm interesting, maybe port matched head with the 3.6 intake? If that would help the air flow issue that could occur, but i like to see that people are still working with the vr platform and not letting it die out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hmm interesting, maybe port matched head with the 3.6 intake? If that would help the air flow issue that could occur, but i like to see that people are still working with the vr platform and not letting it die out.
That might work if I would be able to port match it at the port entrance and bevel in to the smaller ports. I have both the 2 piece 1 stage and 1 piece 2 stage 3.6l manifolds now to play with.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.