VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys with all this talk about everyone is gonna have a big turbo project by the beginning off the summer, why don't we all just start bothering Uncle Rich over at EIP for a group by on a decent 3" exhaust system for our car? I mean they a lifetime warranty and they really look great! lets see if we could stir up enough people to make this happen and hopefully Uncle Rich will chime in with a decent price quote for us

·
Banned
185 Posts
Re: 3" Exhaust group buy? (leebro61)

Quote, originally posted by leebro61 »
id love one for my raddo, but id need to sell more internal organs

No you won't.
The 3" exhaust for my car is custom and I would go custom especially when you're fabricating your own turbo kit together, piece by piece. You know the stories on here about how people order things from other places and they sit here and cry about how they don't fit right and all that good stuff.
EIP is sure to make a quality product and in no way am I taking that away from them. I'm just telling you what I did so you obviously don't have to take my advice...it's just that I feel making your own exhaust, piece by piece, will decrease the likeliness of a headache.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Re: 3" Exhaust group buy? (R E M U S 13)

Well I already have a 2.5" system and I just dropped tons on my drivetrain, so that will do for now

·
Banned
185 Posts
Re: 3" Exhaust group buy? (leebro61)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
913 Posts
Re: 3" Exhaust group buy? (R E M U S 13)

Finally a group buy I'm interested in.
I'm in for one for my 95" Jetta VR6.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Re: 3" Exhaust group buy? (#1 S T U N N A)

Quote, originally posted by #1 S T U N N A »
do they have any pics of these 3" exhaust??

Modified by cabzilla at 10:56 PM 2-21-2004

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Re: 3" Exhaust group buy? (benzivr6)

Quote, originally posted by benzivr6 »
Hey guys with all this talk about everyone is gonna have a big turbo project by the beginning off the summer, why don't we all just start bothering Uncle Rich over at EIP for a group by on a decent 3" exhaust system for our car? I mean they a lifetime warranty and they really look great! lets see if we could stir up enough people to make this happen and hopefully Uncle Rich will chime in with a decent price quote for us

Damn...I must be getting old to get the "Uncle" label!
Well, we could possibly do a large production run of these units, it wont be over night though as they are all built by hand from 18g 304SS Mandrel Bends, all welds are of course SS TIG. Our hanger material is also 304 SS. All joints are 3-bolt flanges NOT slip fit with clamps or u-clamps that bend and distort the pipes. The install is made very simple, just install, bolt and your done. We also offer a full lifetime warranty with all of our exhausts.
The fitment of our exh systems is really quite good and we offer many SS tip choices BUT they are not cheap because they are built by hand and to a high tolerance. For some applications we do offer a direct fit to the factory slip joint at the cat. but we also offer a full DP back exhaust with both a High Flow Cat. and a non-cat "Test Pipe" both of which are flanged for easy switching. You know...test pipe for "racing and off road use" and then back to the cat. for street use.
Benzivr6, see what you come up with regarding this and perhaps we can put some special pricing together. If we build them as a large group the price could come down a good bit.
-Rich

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Re: 3" Exhaust group buy? (eiprich)

Quote, originally posted by eiprich »
BUT they are not cheap because they are built by hand and to a high tolerance.

thats whta poeple need to unbdertsnad, wonder hwy i cnarge like 90$ for a pefect fit CAI pipe , i seen the EIPprices, for HAND BUILT they are reasonable

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
Re: 3" Exhaust group buy? (cabzilla)

Quote, originally posted by cabzilla »

They don't even have a company in mind yet. I fabbed one out of mandrel-bent stainless for $350.

That is what I'm doing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts