VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 3 position (or 2 if you look at it differently) headlight switch, I have a 92 CE2 jetta htta came with the single position switch. The car came with DRL's and I unplugged the yellow clip near the coolant bottle, so those are off now. The new 3 position switch already had the little box pulled off of it so it fits on to the brown connector no prob. As far as exterior lighting goes, the switch works perfectly, but now the interior lights (guages,clock,dash vent,radio) don't turn on. Is there another modification I gotta do to make these work? I did this mod in my other mk2 and it worked right off the bat.

pic for clicks:

· Registered
158 Posts
Re: (recaro)

Did you ever solve this problem? I also want to get rid of my DRLs but want to keep my dash lights working.
I've heard you can just take the wire out of the car's headlight switch plug and wire it to the older swapped switch yourself. Which pin would this be?
Also, you said you have a 92 8v, isn't that Digi2? Reason I ask is I have a '91 mexi-golf and I thought all 90-92 golf/jetta were Digi2.

· Registered
158 Posts
Re: (dragonracing)

Quote, originally posted by dragonracing »
dirty or faulty switch. i've had this problem myself a few times before. replacing the switch fixed it...

It shouldn't have to do with the switch being dirty, its just different wiring between the new/old switch versions. Anyone gotten the dash lights to work while using the old switch in a 90-92 originally DRL car?

· Registered
390 Posts
Re: (ssMK2)

Did you move the one wire in the harness that doesnt connect to anything anymore? Everytime ive replaced headlight swicthes to the early mk2 ones, Ive had to move one of the wires on the harness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.