VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from the Dealer.
I am now on my 3rd set of Bosch wires in 3 years.
First set was put on in January 1999
Second set replaced them in July 2000
They said that the wires were shot and #1 plug was not even firing.
But they check the ingition and it was all right.
WTF could cause this??

[Modified by fiorya, 11:59 AM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Re: 3 sets of Bosch Ignition wires in 3 years!!!! HELP (fiorya)

I too have heard bad things about Bosch wires the last few years.
Shame, but they should have a lifetime warranty.
Unless you have a really abnormally strong coil (like some psycho aftermarket one), I can't see anything wrong other than Bosch's quality control. And the hotter coil would probably affect your distributor cap and rotor button -- you did these get changed too, didn't you??
Louis

[Modified by 92foxrox, 6:26 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
4,490 Posts

I have also had trouble with Bosch wires. I am really starting to wonder why everyone so highly reccomends them
I am on my 3rd set in about as many years. Mine keep cross firing and jumping spark across each other and across the towers of the distributer cap. They arc like mad if you look at them at night with no lights around. If I were to replace my wires again I would have gone with aftermarket wires such as Nology. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Re: 3 sets of Bosch Ignition wires in 3 years!!!! HELP (Caleb)

I am surprised that you are having problems with Bosch wires. I have used them for years with no problems. I am sure there is a warranty on them. Just write to the company and tell them what has been happenning.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Re: 3 sets of Bosch Ignition wires in 3 years!!!! HELP (A2L90E)

I've also had problems - typical in A2's, especially 16V's. Last time I replaced them with Blue Ignitors and the problems went away. (techtonics sells 'em, like $60 for A2 8v's and $150 for 16v's). There's another thread on this right now too. They're worth it, IMHO, and techtonics is a great company to do businesss with. tttuning.com or techtonicstuning.com - they have their new website up and the whole catalog on the web.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts

I too have given Bosch wires their walking papers. Bosch's quality control seems to have gone downhill in recent years. I only use STI/Bremi wires from Adirondack(www.germanautoparts.com). Same lifetime warranty, better quality part, and no fancy colors. Just like Henry Ford's Model T, you can have any color you like - As long as you like BLACK. I'm a believer....Ask my GLI, GTI, Fox, Manx & Beetle. Bosch everything else, don't get me wrong - Just better wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.