VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
49,804 Posts
Re: 30 amp relay wiring diagram (DubPhreek)

search for 'relay' or variations in the topic of archived threads in this forum. We had a ton of relay related threads for a while. Also check out Daniel Stern's site: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

· Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 30 amp relay wiring diagram (rootrider)

Thanks Root!
I managed to get them done, and wow. Nice.
Really busts out some extra crispness.
only relayed the fogs in the Triple chambers, goin after the rest of em this week.

But, You SUCK cause now I want some Cibies, instead of these triplechambers.

Modified by DubPhreek at 10:08 PM 3-18-2006

· Registered
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 30 amp relay wiring diagram (rootrider)

I have the vivid ones... they are being sold/given away nearly. They are cool Looking, But I am looking for Extreme performance, and demand more. they are good for "Cool" but the HID's I wanna get will melt them.
I was thinking e-codes, but think after readin about Cibies they are the direction I want to go, little miffed about reading you can only use for Low beam, not High/low? I liked the explanation on the technology used to focus the beam pattern, that is prettty cool, and the pricetag isnt bad..

As for what I did, (for the 3 chamber fogs)
I used a regular Bosch 30 amp relay, wire, black zipties and sheathing from Home depot, went all 14 guage. snuck it right behind the battery area.. I used a wiretap, and some silicone to seal the tap area, not to mention sealing all butt/crimps, and connectors
Somehow it isnt enough artillery for me.
I am lookin at obtaining a project box, and relocating the battery to the back so I have more room to groom. Then bustin out all relayed wiring, and getting a HID setup, and poppin those Cibies in.
I am done with not being able to SEE, I mean daylight. although the highs I got are reaally dope. They are blue tag hellas, with yellow laminx, and Crystal ION lights... talk about HELLA YELLA.. In broad daylight they light up the side of a building 10 ft away. Its nuts I tell ya.
H/L 7" still stucks.

Modified by DubPhreek at 6:53 PM 3-19-2006

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.