VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever used these and not liked the outcome???? i have a stage 4 with done out head(8.8-1 compression, valve job, titanium retainers, high rev valve springs) , ported g60 15-17lbs, and all the other bolt on mods, would i be wasting my money installing them??? anybody else install them with a similar list???

·
Registered
977 Posts
Re: 30# red top fuel injectors???? (just g60)

i believe that they are not nessicary unless you have 20+ psi....mkrad had them on his car but i think he was running 22psi daily...i am sure someone will have more definate answers for you though...this is just what i have read...
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Re: 30# red top fuel injectors???? (just g60)

If you want to spin past 6000 rpm at 16-17+ psi constantly, they wouldn't be a bad idea. That's where the fuel supply starts to go bye, bye (lean) for the stock injectors since they go static (100% open) at about 5500 rpm. For the occasional blip past 6k in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, less of a need for the bigger injectors.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: 30# red top fuel injectors???? (jwatts)

Wait until you get it all together, then decide if you need the injectors. sad but true unless you have turbo you might not make all the boot you really think you are making. Never trust the MFA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts