VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=6058
"You are bidding on the POSITION to take delivery of a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT only. ESTIMATED to arrive in late summer of 2004. This will be one of the FIRST to arrive on our shores. Bid price will NOT include MSRP."

·
Super Moderator
11,658 Posts
Re: $300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy. (All_Texan)

I'm not sure what's worse, that they're charging $300k minimum for the spot, or the fact that someone's already bid on it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Re: $300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy. (DanG)

well those things are hot, i know a kid whos dad owns like 20 dealerships that is getting one lol friggin bastardo

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
Re: $300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy. (TrueDubFan)

i guess someone wants that ride, real bad and real soon

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
Re: (AIRider)

Dumb.......you can find dealers who will write one for MSRP, if not the next deal I have seen is $50k over MSRP.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Re: (Beltfed)

hahaha think rich for a second. a billionaire... just think about it.. the kind of cash flow these people have... they make this money automatically, without lifting a finger 300K = $30 to us literally.. do the math take the zero's of your annual and take it of thiers..
never thought of it that way did ya.. huh huh.. yeah ...that's right, backs away slowly...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

The first bid is probably bogus, like most of the Porsche autos I've shopped at ebay this past year.
But, I enjoy results of the market, though I can't afford the latest high-end sport cars.
I can't afford one new, but look at turbo 911/930 aged over 5 years that I can afford because someone took the bulk of the financial damage years ago. I hope for many, _many_, of these to sell, for whatever price, so in a few years they're selling for US$60k

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Re: $300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy. (jhillyer)

Quote, originally posted by jhillyer »
I hope for many, _many_, of these to sell, for whatever price, so in a few years they're selling for US$60k

Yeah maybe a totaled one.

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts

Even if you are that rich, I'd like to think you got that way by being smart. I don't think paying a 300k markup is smart at all ......

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Re: $300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy. (Mr King)

Quote, originally posted by Mr King »
Even if you are that rich, I'd like to think you got that way by being smart. I don't think paying a 300k markup is smart at all ......

well youre thinking must not be working as well as theirs....... so let the rich people be. wasterful. all i know is they'll have carerra GT's and you wont.

·
Super Moderator
11,658 Posts
Re: $300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy. (veritas137)

Quote, originally posted by veritas137 »
Stupid.
One thing that always made me wonder, do filthy rich people really go on ebay for stuff anyways?

If they're really filthy rich, they have a go to guy for stuff like this, and they know where to go for stuff like this.

·
Registered
2005 S2000, 2019 G70 6MT, 2019 i3 REX, 2003 XC70
16,728 Posts
Seriously. You think Bill Gates is bidding on stuff on ebay? He has people, and those people have people for that.

·
Banned
14,183 Posts
Re: $300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy. (Mr King)

I saw this show once where this company would get expenseive rare cars for rich people who just had to have the latest cars. They would charge crazy mark-ups but they could get you what you want literally the next morning, sitting in your driveway
AND NO, NOT STOLEN!
Very cool service if you have the money.

·
Registered
22,855 Posts
Re: $300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy. (hawc)

Quote, originally posted by hawc »
I saw this show once where this company would get expenseive rare cars for rich people who just had to have the latest cars. They would charge crazy mark-ups but they could get you what you want literally the next morning, sitting in your driveway
AND NO, NOT STOLEN!
Very cool service if you have the money.

They are exotic brokers just like what a stock broker does with stocks.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

$300K for one that has 250 miles on it too?
That's a little too many for a car like that.

·
2011 BMW 328i xDrive Touring 6MT ZSP
48,634 Posts
Re: $300k for Carrera GT position, simply crazy. (jhillyer)

Quote, originally posted by jhillyer »
I can't afford one new, but look at turbo 911/930 aged over 5 years that I can afford because someone took the bulk of the financial damage years ago. I hope for many, _many_, of these to sell, for whatever price, so in a few years they're selling for US$60k

This car is no 911 Turbo. While maybe not at the same level as cars like the Enzo and 959 in terms of production numbers, I bet that it will have similar resale values. They will hold their value for a couple years, depreciate for another few years, and then the prices will stay the same. This is an amazing car and I wouldn't expect to find one at a bargain price ever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts