VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

30k mile service suggestions

418 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Apocrates
Hey all... I called the stealership this week about my 30k mile mini service that I "must have" and they're quoting me $250, not covered by lease/warranty. Anyone have a suggestion? I went to Pep Boys, Jiffy Lube, etc, and they're all saying $380+ for the "mini service" that Veedub would give me... Hell if I wanna spend $300-400 on a service!!! That dips WAY into my Mod $$!!!
HEEEELLLLP!!!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Re: 30k mile service suggestions (Apocrates)

A 30k is just like a 10k. Basically it's an oil change and tire rotation. It should be less than an hour labor plus parts.
-Chris
Re: 30k mile service suggestions (ChrisM)

I'm getting told it's flushing fluids, changing filters, etc, etc, etc... things that seem to be pushing the dollar figure WAY outta whack... thoughts?
See less See more
Re: 30k mile service suggestions (Apocrates)

The pollen filter and fuel filter get changed every 2yr/20k (whichever comes first). The air filter is a 4yr/40k item. The coolant and gear oil/ATF (whichever applicable) are "lifetime". What is left to do, then, is to change the engine oil (synthetic) and filter, drain the water separator, rotate the tires, and check a bunch of things. I'd bring your maintenance booklet with you and have them do what is specified (with the exception that some books have a misprint saying the pollen filter gets changed at 10k and not at 20k).
-Chris
Re: 30k mile service suggestions (ChrisM)

Thanks man
When you say "check a bunch of things" any clue what those buncha things are? I left my manual in some boxes (great reading while you're moving) haha so any heads up is appreciated!
Cheers!
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.