VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy at my dealership told me I needed to have my 30K service/inspection done. FOR 500$!!! Ok is this some lame ass scam to screw me out of more cash then they already have? i mean most of the stuff that is mentioned on the list of things they do are mere observations... They dont do any work to the car, "they look over it" Oh, minus the rotation of tires which i could do myself for 30 min of my own time.
anyone have their stealership do this?

· Registered
128 Posts
Re: 30K VW Service... (Wreck11)

Do the simple stuff yourself (or even the more time comsuming stuff if you're up to it). If the service calls for stuff you don't or can't do take it to a good local garage (much cheaper). There are plenty that specialize in VW's and German cars near my place.
I plan on using up the free service until 2yrs/24k. I'll only return to the dealer for warranty issues if any come up after that.

· Registered
77 Posts
Re: 30K VW Service... (Alpanian)

I had the same problem with a heavy $$$ 30k service.
The funny thing was 2 dealers here in the bay area wanted me to pay 498.89+ for the 30k service that was actually the 40k service. They said it was because of the VR6 engine?
Dealer in Oakland did the 30k service that was actually the 30k service. They charged around 200 but added the fuel injection service which was another 100. Plus my rear breaks and right rotor were replaced another 250. The dealer gets you in the end everytime. Any VW mechanics want to be friends, maybe that would be cheaper

· Registered
335 Posts
Re: 30K VW Service... (Wreck11)

My local mechanic did the service and more for half that amount. I got all the replaceables replaced or cleaned and checked, and lubed, and some brakelines put in, plus they adjusted the height of my car a bit and tuned the ride quality.

[Modified by Retro, 9:15 AM 11-21-2001]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.