VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at both 16" and 17" wheels for my 20 AE. According to Tirerack, there are more wheels available for the 337 than the 20 AE. I thought these had the same brakes, and therefore the fitment choices should be the same. Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks

·
Registered
569 Posts
well both cars have the same brakes from the 225tt but the difference is that the wheel mounting kit for the wheels may be different considering the fact that the 337 runs on bbs rc's and the 20th on OZ aristos-

·
Banned
12,817 Posts
Re: (SeXy20th)

Quote, originally posted by SeXy20th »
well both cars have the same brakes from the 225tt but the difference is that the wheel mounting kit for the wheels may be different considering the fact that the 337 runs on bbs rc's and the 20th on OZ aristos-

The RC and Aristos mount the same. I used my original wheel bolts when I installed my RCs on my R32:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Have you actually called TireRack and asked them if there are limited wheels for the 20ae, there's a good chance that they just aren't listing there whole stock.
Now, im gonna go out on a limb here - but Id say there isnt a lick of difference between either of them(337/20ae), same suspension, same brakes, same offset(?) so, it should by all standars fit all wheels. give em a call and find out for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts