VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys .. my brakes are done on my gti and i was wondering if it was worth buying the 337 brakes instead of the stock ones... i really like the red caliper of the 337 ... also . my winter wheels are 15 in steelis.. are the 337 brakes gonna fit ??..LAST thing.... what s the difference in PRICE .... size and quality of the 337 brakes and the stock ones...
Thanks guys... i really need the info..

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: 337 brakes (cyberflash)

They are really Audi TT brakes. I think a lot of companies offer kits to upgrade to the audi tt components. Having owned a 337, I can tell u they are worth every penny! THe car stopped on a dime, it was probably the best upgrade vw did to the 337 (brakes). they will bang your head on steering wheel if you pound em accidentally. Buying 337 brakes (red) may cost more than just buying the audi tt stuff, just paint them yourself.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 337 brakes (NOVA337)

thanks a lot...
does anybody know if the will fit in my winter 15 inch stteelis..??

·
Banned
20,212 Posts

They will not fit on your 15 inchers. You will need 16's and they have to be atleast 6.5's.

·
Registered
14,676 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]can i buy just the brake pads and stay with the stock disc??
[HR][/HR]​
Huh? The pads are the same as any other VW. If you want extra bite, go with something like the Hawk HPS. You can find all you want at http://www.ecstuning.com
The TT brakes rock, but they won't fit those small rims. See if you can find a cheap set of used 16" steelies.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Re: 337 brakes (dcomiskey)

i bought the audi tt parts and painted them with foliatec red caliper paint --- i love the upgrade and got them cheaper than replacing with stock parts again --- they are soooooo worth it and i get comments on my brakes all of the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts