VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a beautiful 337 from my man Joe in CT. So excited about it I almost took the day off of work just to drive it around some more. Crazy!!! Most fun I ever had in a car!!!
Anyway looking for some advice. I am thinking about changing the exhaust on the 337. I can't find alot of concrete info wether it's worth it or not. Does the 337 exhaust have a restricter on the exhaust? How many cats does it have? I would look under the car but I can't get it up on ramps due to the ground effects and valence. How about alittle help? Thank you in advance. Brian

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Re: 337 exhaust help (leadsled337)

has 1 cat, also a mid muffler (resonator) and of course an aftermarket larger pipe exhaust is worth it. the stock exhaust is 2 inches in diameter. its very restricting. throw on a 3 inch downpipe mated to a 2.5 inch cat back and youll honestly see about 8-12whp
also dont forget other mods help mods out, like throw in a k&n air filter and upgrade to a larger turbo inlet pipe which increase air flow in and with the exhaust the air leaves quicker. keep things like this in mind.

Modified by Grogthefrog at 3:57 PM 9-21-2004

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 337 exhaust help (Grogthefrog)

thanks for the quick response. already did have a cold air intake and K&N added. Also diverter valve was added for less turbo wear. I really was thinking about adding the after market exhaust and chip. I am not familiar with what a mid muffler or resonator does? Is it diffucult to add a larger turbo inlet pipe. Thanks not like adding a larger turbo correct? Thanks for the quick response. Brian

·
Registered
10,449 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: 337 exhaust help (protijy337)

thanks for all the threads. I only got thru the first few but they will be a great help in the future. The car has 8,200. It is such a gem. Actually found on the vortex. The previous owner gave me alot of the same tips about not keeping it in cruise control for a long time and so on. I havn't really trounched it yet even though it is certainly broken in. I havn't taken it above 90 yet but I am sure it is fine to do so.
after checking a few sources out it seems like the ghl exhaust is the way to go.
thanks for the help

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: 337 exhaust help (leadsled337)

remember that time i watched you poop in the sink. no. honestly.
next time you have a $50 bill lets go to pep boys and get some 3.5" flex tube, a 44" cherry bomb and some U bolts.
the schaefer tall boys are on me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.