VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the spider gear on my 337 (20,000miles) shatter and blow several holes in my tranny case...VW is saying that they will not warrante the car and sighting the reason as "driver abuse". I know how my car gets driven and it has never been raced or dragged. I am going higher up through VW and I am interested to see if anyone else has had this type of problem with any of the MKIV manual trannys. Hopefully others have and we may have a case to argue. There is no reason for a very lightly modded 20,000 mile car to blow through a tranny in this fashion. if you have any input please post...if your going to tell me what i should have done prior to bringing it in to the dealer, or just bashing please don't bother to post...i need advice and help, not criticism. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Re: 337 Major Tranny problems...looking for any others.... (blade12r)

i havent heard of anyone else having this problem, but it doenst mean they can't take care of you. unfortunately someone's gotta be the first. what mod's do you have to make it "lightly" modded? g/l with it. hopefully they'll recognize and help you out. we'll all be pulling for you over here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Good1Spd)

I have a split second boost controller @11-12 psi, turbo back exhaust, greddy type s BOV, AEM intake...that's it...nothing too drastic, just a note for the rest of you guys, there was no warning when the tranny went...it just all of sudden broke...there were no signs or noises prior to the tranny breaking i was only going about 30mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts