VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just want to share with you guy one of the worst situation I was witness of lately at VW dealer. I went to a dealer to check the 337 they received ( It was not mine thank god). So I was looking at the beaautiful car when a young VW tech came to move the car for a delivey preparation. Until now everything is OK. I was all excited because that was the chance for me to hear the muffler growling ( very nice BTW). But then I don't know what happend to that guy but he started to push hard on the gaz ( the car was cold , turbo not reached the right temp)
I swear to god I wanted to cry the turbo was spowling loud and the car was still parked. Then he put the car on first gear and dropped the clutch like if he was racing.
...get to the end of the parking lot and stands hard on the breaks. TTT this was awfull the car was just 12 km and this idiot was kicking the [email protected] out of it pretty hard.... I swear the day I will receive mine I will spend all day in the garage to watch them carefully handling my car

[Modified by CanVolks, 5:54 PM 8-5-2002]

[Modified by CanVolks, 5:54 PM 8-5-2002]

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 337 PDI scene ! What a pity (thewaxtest)

Sorry but I didn't got your point ...if you talking about salary let me tell you these guys are paid at least 20$ can an hour.....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: 337 PDI scene ! What a pity (CanVolks)

Wow!
When I was a tech at the dealership (7ish years), our PDI guys made barely minimum wage, and every one of them had an attitude. If you'd talk to them for a minute or two, they'd tell you outrageous stories like my all time personal favorite - "So, this Cobra R comes off the trailer, and I got to PDI it, so I took it out on the interstate and was going over 180mph in 4th, I passed three cops but they didn't chase me"

I guess I was generalizing, but when I picked up my 337, I saw the same thing happening with everything from GTI's to W8's. It's a dang shame...tech's are usually just as bad - they're just there doing their job, and when you're surrounded by these cars every day, they're not as "magical" as they are to guys like us.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: 337 PDI scene ! What a pity (CanVolks)

I noticed a large dent in my intercooler radiator before I picked mine up, the car only had 14miles on it so someone did some haul'n as$ in my car before I got it. I duno if this was from the PDI or from the peeps at the port of entry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.